1. Health

If you have been a long-time or heavy drinker and quit, you will probably feel some uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms initially, but soon you will begin to feel the benefits of no longer poisoning your body. As Robin explains, you will just simply start feeling better. When you quit drinking after years of alcohol abuse, not only will your body begin to reverse the effects of the excess alcohol on your body, you will simply feel better. Read more...

Related Information:

Photo: BigStockPhoto.com
Comments
May 31, 2010 at 2:27 am
(1) George says:

Robin, your testimony sounds half-way decent; however, who is Robin?

When in Rome.

June 18, 2011 at 8:44 pm
(2) crisTOBAL CEDENO says:

after you stop drinking you get to know your self you get to know the person that you where afraid so be patient with your self there is a new you maybe you find out that the people that love you when you where drinking they will not like the new you that is Ok

March 3, 2013 at 11:04 am
(3) ben says:

I drank everyday for three years. I have since, thinks to the help of my lovely wife, gone to not drinking at all ever. I never had clammy palms before and now I have them all the time. It was been three years since I stopped. Will there be an end to this or am I just doomed to be that sweaty guy.

March 3, 2013 at 11:04 am
(4) ben says:

I drank everyday for three years. I have since, thinks to the help of my lovely wife, gone to not drinking at all ever. I never had clammy palms before and now I have them all the time. It was been three years since I stopped. Will there be an end to this or am I just doomed to be that sweaty guy?

March 3, 2013 at 11:04 am
(5) ben says:

March 3, 2013 at 11:04 am
(6) ben says:

March 3, 2013 at 11:05 am
(7) ben says:

April 11, 2013 at 12:30 pm
(8) gja says:

And you have terrible short term memory!

April 18, 2013 at 11:49 am
(9) dannigurl says:

I feel like I’m going crazy. I have been the life of the party for more than 8 years now. I had to quit I was driving my family and a special friend very crazy with my late night rants. I have been sober really only a few days. I quit about 2 months ago but every once in a while I will break down and get drunk. It has been almost a week since I’ve had a drink, I can’t sleep, eat and I’m paranoid and angry. How long will this last? Or am I doomed to be a nut case for eternity.

April 30, 2013 at 2:36 pm
(10) neworleansguy says:

I drank heavily since I was 16. Once I had my first job at a local grocery store I had an endless supply of booze, I literally kept 50 to 100 fourties under my bed, and a array of hard liquor..I’ve continued to drink my whole life until this point..also served time in the military and regularly drank on the job, after I got out(honorably) I continued my retired type of lifestyle for years , I would buy a box of win, the big ones and look for more after I downed it in one day :) went to college for years and did well, but not as good if I didnt show up everyday drunk..now im 34 and just hit 9 months sober…its the best decision I have made in my whole life, for me it got better after lets say 5 or even 4 months however I still deal with anxiety issues and off and on tired days…but all in all I would change how I feel for anything in the world right now, ..from a fellow alcoholic it gets way way better..

August 2, 2013 at 10:27 am
(11) Roger says:

Well, not drinking, for me, is a process. I’ve had a stereotypical experience with abusing alcohol. Bottom line, when I drink, bad stuff happens. I drove my family and friends away. I was in denial of how unhappy I really was and masked my personality by drinking heavily. I worked a program to get clean and stay clean. It worked for me. It broke my routine and I started to develop healthy bonds between people who understood the shoes I stood in. I felt disordered, angry, confused, and restless. Now, I’m continually realizing that there’s more in this world to experience than drinking. Not drinking is a constant battle that I strive to win and when I win these daily battles I find the battles to come are not as daunting as I once imagined them to be.

August 8, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(12) Brian Johsnon says:

There is another place for help, Maybe you quit trying or dropped out of last attempt to quit, we want to help,, Get Clean,, 877-387-4408 We can help, M-F

February 19, 2014 at 11:45 am
(13) don says:

ben it is anxiety due to unconscious/unresolved fear