The decisions that you make between now and the end of the school year could affect the rest of your life.
Make sure your prom night is a pleasant memory, not a tragedy. Here are some tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help you make the decisions that will help make prom night fun and safe.
- Always wear a seat belt.
- Don't drink and drive.
- Don't ride with a diver who has been drinking.
- Don't allow yourself to be the victim of dating abuse.
- Respect yourself and others, avoid alcohol and drugs.
- Call 9-1-1 if you or someone you know is being abused.
- Be sure there will be adult supervision.
- Make sure there is a scheduled end time.
- Go with a "buddy."
- Avoid using alcohol or drugs.
More About Prom Safety: