How long ago was your last relapse?
Two years ago. I went out and stayed out for another one and a half years. My sobriety date is now May 8, 2009
What do you think triggered your relapse?
My relapse(s) are mostly triggered by complacency. Once I start to feel too good and life starts to get better, I am lulled into believing everything is okay and I think I can start drinking again and this time things will be different.
Tips and Tricks
- WORK a hard solid program. Not just going through the steps. WORKING them.
- Keep in constant contact with my higher power - AA is a spiritual program. Not a stop drinking program. The latter is a byproduct of AA.
- Call friends and my sponsor in AA when the stinkin' thinkin' starts and not a minute later.
- Stay close to the program and the people in it
- Meetings, meetings and more meetings