Use Common Sense and Moderation
- If you read any of these reviews, and take it to heart, you have literally been misinformed on many levels. It comes down to common sense, USE IN MODERATION. Any drug, legal or not, have both positive and negatives to them. Don't be the idiot whom spends every dollar on pot, and do not spend every waking moment getting stoned off your ass. It is that simple, smoke whenever you feel appropriate(lazy afternoons, social, or any downtime you wish). I've been smoking since I was 16, and never had any downsides, no criminal record, I graduated high school with a 3.7 GPA, work hard at every job I've had. I'm the typical, run of the mill smoker. You wouldn't think twice that I am a "stoner" until you get to know me personally. Just do your research on multiple websites, and do not believe every bad thing you hear. You'd be amazed how its affected my life in the positive. Regardless, do some research on your own, don't be a misinformed statistic.
- —Guest Your Average Stoner
Iffy on pot smoking
- I'm 16 years old. I smoke pot everyday before school. It's worth it to be high, but not worth it to feel like crap and come down the rest of the day. It makes me feel weird for doing it. But yesterday something weird happened to me. I got home and smoked so much that I thought another face was growing into my face. It was scary, and I don't think I'm gonna smoke again. As I'm typing this I skipped school today. Marijuana is bad, I know it's just a thing in your life but it causes psychological effects and this is just me but I'm done with it. That's the beauty of marijuana you can quit whenever and not go through withdrawl. Only just slight irritability. Good luck to all of you!!!
- —Guest Justin
13 and scared about drugs. Please help!
- I am a 13 yr old private school boy. I have had no encounters with weed, but I have seen a friends neighbor smoking a bong before. I am not very popular - maybe I would have had an encounter with weed if I went to more of the big partys. Anyway, I'm scared that I'm going to become someone who's addicted to weed. I think that weed would be a very bad thing to have in my life because I have an addictive nature. It would ruin all of my big intentions for my life and career. So I need your help.
- —Guest Miles Andrew
- Just be careful with it. I have a friend facing felonies because he smoked up some friends on the weekend. The friend got caught and their mom took it to the school. He got expelled and has distribution charges. Everyone is too selfish to look out for their friends these days. I'm not telling you not to smoke. Just be careful with it.
- —Guest Screwed
- hi my name is arnold and im a heroin addict it all started when i was 10 years old and tried marijuana for the first time after that i smoked constitutionally untill i was about 15 i then tried harder drugs such as heroin and crocodile i am now 37 have two kids and a beautiful wife. so i guess you can say you never know what can come of what
- —Guest arnold
- I have smoked weed since I was 17 (I am 22 now) and I have seen the good and bad effects of it. Some of my friends that have been smoking it for as long as I have are now daily smokers and i see them (mainly when there drunk) get upset and angry when there is no weed around to smoke. I would say that is an addiction (at least a minor one) I however only smoke weed on weekends and have done so for years. I am about to stop however to work out west where there is a zero tolerance for drugs which is fine by me I just want to say that weed is not the menace people make it out to be but it also is not harmless. Personally I have had no negative effects from it (besides memory loss) and have always done good in school and never lost focus of my life. Weed does not turn the active lazy and it will not ruin your life, but I believe that if you have underlining mental problems it can affect them and even make some worse. Don't listen to the extremists on either side of the issue.
- —Guest guest blake
waste of money
- I smoked weed every single day for 8 years. I haven't smoked in over a month and the thought of how much money I wasted on weed disgust me. I can smoke a blunt right now, or take a 20 and set it on fire and in 2 hours I'm going to feel the exact same way I did before either way. Getting high is great but at the end of the day you have absolutely nothing to show for it.
- —Guest Melissa
You have to be responsible
- I first tried it when I was 17. Did it on and off occasionally. I'm 18 almost 19 now and I do a few times a week. You have to be responsible. I told myself if it ever came to where it effected my school, relationships, work, ect. Then I would stop. I keep a good balance, I get good grades, have a job that I enjoy. There really aren't any proven major health concerns. Balance is all it takes.
- —Guest John Riley
Facts about weed
- Marijuana is bad for your health, it is true. Just like cigerettes or alcohol. Smoking some pot now and then is not so harmfull. But people who used marijuana tends to have more because they had a really good time smoking. And it leads to daily usage. If you have the will to controll your mind, then smoking weed is not a very serious problem. I dont think that legalisation of marijuana is proper. May be decriminalising it would be the right thing to do. And also the UK cancer research center has prooved that marijuana could be less harmfull than cigerettes. Another intresting fact; it may even have anti-cancer properties. For more doubts check out the website of uk cancer research center.
- —Guest Shan
- Been smoking weed since 15. You all need to realize that everybody can't handle weed just like people cant handle alchohol or food or money. I'm 60 and just retired w comfortable retirement. Smoked weed the whole time. Better than depression medicine they gave me. I have no sickness, diseases and my heartrate and stress level checked daily. Heartrate consistently 50 to 60 bpm. Never been to jail. Never sold the tv for weed. So everybody can't handle it. U go figure
- —Guest 60 year old
People are full of it
- You here people talk bad about weed all the time as if it where killing people like herein and other drugs but I am 16 have been smoking for 2 years and I was smoking ecru night and having a great summer it got harder to afford in the winter and I stopped smoking except with friends like once every two weeks I have tourettes add adhd this whole school year I've had a hard time with school (homeschool) depressed not wanting to do it and get ridiculously far behind and not wanting to go to work (mcdonalds) I started smoking a bowl a night about a month ago and now look forward to work working out at the gym every activity I don't mind and am very close to being fully caught up in school
- —Guest Austin
Please edit your terminology!
- Please recognise that in describing the substance in question by its street name you have de-valued your own depiction. Marijuana is a street name for Cannabis and not the other way around!
- —Guest Chris Nolan
Give your heart a break QUIT
- Been smoking off and on since age 16 I have been smoking everyday for the last 10 yrs. I'm 44 now. The last time I smoked I ended up in the emergency room. Remind you I don't smoke cigarettes or drink or do any other kind of drugs. My heart rate and blood pressure shot thru the roof and I thought I was having a heart attack in fact I was very close to one. It happened shortly after smoking a bowl of hi grade pot ( hydro). It was like I was forgetting to breath which increased my heart rate. I had shortness of breath and I begged God to save me all the way to the hospital. Today I am smoke free and it feels really good to be able to look people in the eyes. My heart is not back to the original condition though it is getting better. THANK GOD
- —Guest 44yrs old
Talk About Delusion and Denial
- I am a 67 year old female who does not partake of weed in any way, shape or form. Tried it when I was younger, but didn't like how it made me feel. Reading some of these responses I am dumbfounded by the delusion & denial. I have a male friend who is about to turn 72 years of age. He's been smoking weed since he was age 26 or 27. He quit smoking cigarettes many years ago, but continues with weed & other hallucinogenics. He's a writer & feels they make him write better. He was recently diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) after he found himself being constantly short of breath & having a chronic cough. He attributed these symptoms to his asthma. Common sense would dictate that if you have asthma you don't smoke anything. Get on the subject of weed with him & he'll argue you into the ground about what he feels are it's benefits. He's totally in denial & is physiologically & psychologically addicted. Wake up people before it's too late for you.
- —Guest Non-Smoker
- I and many of my friends smoked pot from age 13 until our late teens or longer. Most are unemployed, overweight, lethargic and have no interest in doing anything other than living off the system and whining about people who keep pot illegal. As a former pothead, I say no way in hell should we legalize pot.
- —Guest Willie