People are full of it
- You here people talk bad about weed all the time as if it where killing people like herein and other drugs but I am 16 have been smoking for 2 years and I was smoking ecru night and having a great summer it got harder to afford in the winter and I stopped smoking except with friends like once every two weeks I have tourettes add adhd this whole school year I've had a hard time with school (homeschool) depressed not wanting to do it and get ridiculously far behind and not wanting to go to work (mcdonalds) I started smoking a bowl a night about a month ago and now look forward to work working out at the gym every activity I don't mind and am very close to being fully caught up in school
- —Guest Austin
Please edit your terminology!
- Please recognise that in describing the substance in question by its street name you have de-valued your own depiction. Marijuana is a street name for Cannabis and not the other way around!
- —Guest Chris Nolan
Give your heart a break QUIT
- Been smoking off and on since age 16 I have been smoking everyday for the last 10 yrs. I'm 44 now. The last time I smoked I ended up in the emergency room. Remind you I don't smoke cigarettes or drink or do any other kind of drugs. My heart rate and blood pressure shot thru the roof and I thought I was having a heart attack in fact I was very close to one. It happened shortly after smoking a bowl of hi grade pot ( hydro). It was like I was forgetting to breath which increased my heart rate. I had shortness of breath and I begged God to save me all the way to the hospital. Today I am smoke free and it feels really good to be able to look people in the eyes. My heart is not back to the original condition though it is getting better. THANK GOD
- —Guest 44yrs old
Talk About Delusion and Denial
- I am a 67 year old female who does not partake of weed in any way, shape or form. Tried it when I was younger, but didn't like how it made me feel. Reading some of these responses I am dumbfounded by the delusion & denial. I have a male friend who is about to turn 72 years of age. He's been smoking weed since he was age 26 or 27. He quit smoking cigarettes many years ago, but continues with weed & other hallucinogenics. He's a writer & feels they make him write better. He was recently diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) after he found himself being constantly short of breath & having a chronic cough. He attributed these symptoms to his asthma. Common sense would dictate that if you have asthma you don't smoke anything. Get on the subject of weed with him & he'll argue you into the ground about what he feels are it's benefits. He's totally in denial & is physiologically & psychologically addicted. Wake up people before it's too late for you.
- —Guest Non-Smoker
- I and many of my friends smoked pot from age 13 until our late teens or longer. Most are unemployed, overweight, lethargic and have no interest in doing anything other than living off the system and whining about people who keep pot illegal. As a former pothead, I say no way in hell should we legalize pot.
- —Guest Willie
Don't over use
- Like anything pot is able to control your mind , if you let it. If you use it as a crutch to get away from all your problems it will be the root of your newly evolved isues. For example in order to feel good some drink, others shop, and many look at porn; people become alcoholics, go broke, and are unable to obtaine intimant relationships due to there lack of will power. Anything you do will effect your health negativly if you don't look beyond it to the world in front of you. It can't become your prison, or you will loose controll. When you need things like this is when you NEED to stop. Those who blame weed for there problems are wrong, the problem lies within themselves. Drugs are not for everyone at any given time moderation is key. Smoking a little mj never killed anyone but smoking too much can surely kill your ambitions and your wallet As for health I'm only 20 and I probably haven't realized the true affect it has had on me, and I likely never will.
- —Guest Don't be controlled
- Weeds good. But sometimes you've got stuff to do, stuff to get done. Sometimes you've gotta step up to the plate and take responsibility. If part of that responsibility requires you to refrain from smoking marijuana, you should do so.
- —Guest Weed is straight
- I am a very heavy pot user. Decided to see how bad I was. I'm getting terrible sweats, get some shakes and am very irritable. Can't sit still or get comfortable. This sucks!!! Oh , by the way. I don't drink or do any other drugs, prescription or illegal
- —Guest Danman
Its not bad or good
- I started smoking pot when 2 years ago when I was 16 and I smoked it about 2-3 times a week for about two months then school started and I did not have the time or the opportunity to smoke till Christmas break and a friend who had never smoked before told me he knew some people who would smoke us up so we hung out with then and smoked about 2 times a month for the rest of the school year that summer I hung out with them more and smoked about a gram a week until about the last month of summer then I smoked more (about 2g a week) then I took a break then half way through this school year I started to smoke about 7g a week and hang out with a lot more stoners after about 3 months of that I reduced my smoke and now I quit and wont smoke again until summer. I think that it effects you how you perceive it, my friend thought he was a G for doing it and I think the did it to be cool, I did it because I like getting high. I think its your attitude to it is the main way it effects you
- —Guest ben
- I am 15 years old now.. I started smoking weed last year, but just now and then.. I got greenies the first three times I tried, after that I enjoyed smoking weed! I'm a very good sportman. My sport got kinda affected by ciggarettes.. So I stopped. I smoked ciggarettes for about 2 years.. And weed is much better!! I smoke every weekend and my rugby is actually getting better! I got bought from other schools and stuff.. I'm much more agressive on the field but chilled outside! I think weed should be legalized!
- —Guest Justin
Reasons it should be legalized
- How can cigarettes and alcohol be legal but marijuana isn't? Of course marijuana is not perfect, but is anything? Yes, it will have side effects. But they really are not all that serious as compared to alcohol and cigarettes, which are among the top leading causes of death in the world. America's rate of death caused by Alcohol is 1.6 per 100,000. That's ranked as the 37th highest in the world out of the hundreds of countries! Cigarettes kill about 400,000 people every year, causes cancer in 1,000's of others, and second-hand smoke damages people who don't even smoke themselves. It's addictiveness is exaggerated for the most part, and it helps to cure some diseases, meaning that is helps save lives. Smoking weed does not make anyone a bad person, just as going to church doesn't make anyone a good person. I'm not saying to let everybody loose with weed, I agree that laws should be established regarding the matter. But prohibition entirely isn't necessary. Do research people! -Andy
- —Guest Blaze It Up
- I've been a daily smoker for 5+ years. Literally the only "withdrawal" symptom I've ever had is the minor annoyance of being out of weed. When I'm out, I'm out. I don't search high and low for some hidden stash or try to jack someone else's weed - these are the antics of the dishonest. I don't need it to be normal. I don't need it for any specific reason. However, I love everything it does for me and I thank Mother Earth each day for this mystical plant. (: -Happy Toking p.s. I once went a year without smoking because it wasn't available and it had no effect on me. grades didn't get better or worse, motivation didn't change, attitude didn't change.
- —Guest Stoned
- Here's what I notice: 1. Non-pot smokers tow the "weed is the worst evil thing" mantra. They've listened to the government and obviously cannot think for themselves 2. Folks who use anything recreationally are idiots. But, unlike alcohol or benzodiazepines pot withdrawl is really non-existent. The whole article is bull really. Evidenced by the reference to the DSM 3. Folks who smoke pot medicinally have hit the nail on the
- —Guest Funk
it aint so bad at all
- I've been smoking pot since I was 10 and I'm now 15 and I believe it's helped me through life itself ,I've lost so many people I loved over the past 5 years and if it wasn't for weed I would have killed myself years ago
- —Guest legalizeit420
Our government is lying to us all
- I believe in God and what he said ,you can twist a subject any way you want, The fact remains,, And God said Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth and it was so.And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind,and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind ; and God saw it was good. This showed me people have not been reading there rule book. ,,The Holy Bible,
- —Guest Steve