My grades have improved, and im active.
- I started smoking when I was 14, in 9th grade, back then I was in the National Junior Honor Society. Now im in 10th grade and my grades haven't dropped, I keep a A average. Soon I will be admitted to the the National Honer Society. But I do have to say marijuana does affect people differently, ive seen students who dont care anymore. It's all about your mind set before you start smoking, and keeping your motovation strong.
- —Guest Dylan
- .I was 19 the first time I hurt my back....when the pain meds didn't work, I smoked weed to ease my pain....it worked every time...did major damage to my back when I was 38...ten years later, here I am...pain meds barely take the edge off, and my doc has made it clear that smoking bud isn't acceptable...I'm disabled and can't come up dirty on a test...I wish people would accept the fact that marijuana can help some medical conditions...at least I won't destroy my liver with oxycodone...ya know?
- —Guest sykwookiee
- In my experience smoking weed only becomes addictive to people who have an addictive nature. I also believe that alcohol is far worse for you!!!! why isint that illegal oh thats right goverment makes too much money off it!!! alcohol imears everything about you and your judgement and ya feel like crap the next day. it creates many more domestic violence and stupidity than weed! that is the undeniable truth to all those who just dislike weed because its illegal. People who smoke weed are not disruptive and are aware of what they are doing. Just laid back, relaxed. i only smoke weed at night, not every night but pretty regularly and my friends and I think up some brilliant ideas when we have a sesh. weed helps us zone in we ask questions about the world and the universe and just about anything that is unknown to us. we have brainstormed up alot of theories that could challenge even the greatest minds couldn't do that if you're drunk could ya? There are substances out there.
No Such thing as black and white
- For starters its not addictive. I smoked daily for about 15 years. Stopped to go to post secondary. Picked it back up once I was established. Now I have out grown it. Really not interested in doing it anymore. But I might. who knows. Point being..... its as addictive as picking your nose at a stop light. That said..... It sure is not good for you. But what is? Alcohol is an order of magnitude worse. Always found it interesting that the criminals in office will tax and distribute booze but will lock you up for some pot. Whether or not you are actually impaired driving on Marijuanna is dependant on the individual and the type/grade of pot. That said..... It ought to be illegal for all to drive when you are anything aside from wide awake and clean and sober. Texting and driving needs to have the same consequences as drinking and driving; if not worse. At least the drunk has the good sense to try to keep his eyes on the road. Texters can take the bus...... sober or not!
- —Guest Ryan
- I've smoked for the past year and a half some times heavily others not really... it can easily become destructive but only if you allow it to... continue to do sports hang out with the family study and work and you should do just fine
- —Guest rawr
In both good and bad ways.
- Well pots not great but it's not ruined my life. I enjoy it but it's not medication and I think stoners are annoying.
- —Guest Mac
Just a pair of ole hippies
- We started smoking in 1971 after I had two children and no more planned. We loved it. We have continued to smoke up to this minute and have no plans to stop. I've had bronchitis twice in the last seven years but no other respiratory illnesses to speak of. Not even a cold. I do, however, have a very heavy cough. I tell people that I have allergies and that I am not contagious. I sleep very soundly, do not dream and have absolutely no next day side effects as one would have with liquor. My husband has no issues at all.
- —Guest DD
It's all good
- I'm 13 and I used to smoke HEAVILY EVERY DAY for about 4 months straight and I didn't see any difference in my grades, some of my grades actually went up!, I recently stopped for about three weeks and got back to it today. I feel more relaxed, I'm nicer to people, and I see the worlds beauty more. I admit I do use my grandmas money that she gives me for weed:/. But I have noticed that I tend to lie more without even thinking about it. My mom will ask where I'm going and i instantly say "the basketball court to play basketball" But really I'm going tere to pickup and smoke . Nothing in my life has changed to drastically I'm still myself. I don't have a whole new personality. I THINK PEOPLE SAYING TABACO IS WORSE THEN WEED.
- —Guest Guest no name
- I am now 17, & have been smoking marijuana on & off since I was 13, when I was 15 I started smoking heaps off pot, and I've noticed a change in myself.. I've basically been smoking large amounts off marijuana everyday since 15. It makes me happy, helps with my depression & anxiety, I love being stoned it's fun! & makes me forget about all the stress & drama in my life, but when I don't have any for a while my head starts to hurt, I get really angry & skitz out, I never use to be like this & I'm scared it's from marijuana but I like it so much!? Also I forget to do a lot off things when I'm stoned or simply can't be bothered to. When I get sick such as flu, vomiting or diarrhea it takes me upto 2 weeks just to get better? I'm worried about my health & metabolism..
- —Guest Kiarna
- Anyone who says it's not addicting or harmful is wrong
- —Guest B
- I started smoking 12 months ago on a daily basis. I only smoke in the evening or on the weekends. I am able to wake up and work. I don't have a hangover like when I would drink alcohol. I know my experience isn't the norm. I'm also 45 years old and established.
- —Guest MAF
- Ii could honestly say if you let control your life it could destroy you. Makes you lazy and could become reclusive. But iI love smoking it is relaxing makes me creative and I enjoy writing Have been a smoker a long time. I do get bronchitis and it takes me forever to get better How about one more rip
- —Guest carlene
- I've been diagnosed for pain and other things and I refuse to take all those lab tested who realty knows when this one medicine from the grown Mary j should be legalized.its better safer and works. I am very happen with my meds;)
- —Guest life long
- clearly whoever wrote this article has NEVER smoked pot in their entire life. I have been smoking almost EVERYDAY for about 9 years now and I laughed so hard when I read this. First off if you experience Hallucinations, your on crack. Your pot was clearly laced with something ahaha. Secondly, smoke from weed is no way near as bad for you as the smoke in cigs. As i smoke both, I can tell a difference and i never smoked cigs for the first 5 years of smoking pot. Ciggarettes are a million times worse and a hell of a lot more addicting. Weed isn't even addicting, its all mental. I choose to smoke everyday, but nothing happens to me if I don't. Cigs on the other hand, I get stressed and angry if I dont get one, also the harm on your lung is worse because of all the tar and shit in smokes, and poisons. This is complete crap, seeing as i smoke both and never have i had a smokers cough or tar due to smoking until cigs. Weed is naturally grown and doesn't have preservatives added.. i can go on
- —Guest PAT
Me and weed
- I have just started smoking cannabis a little over a year ago. I can't really say it has helped me in school but I didn't never make good grades even before weed I smoke when ever I can but it's not like it's something I feel like I HAVE to have. It makes me a better person. I can be in a bad mood and smoke a blunt and I'm a much better person
- —Guest Chris