good things can be misused
- Marijuana can be great when used wisely. Responsible use of natural medications such as marijuana is common sense. I have mild hypomania and chronic neck pain and marijuana helps me so much. sadly I have to live in fear of employer discrimination for what I choose to do in the safety and privacy of my own home. One day things will change, for now we keep our voices heard and our heads up.
- —Guest better
So marijuana causes cancer?
- You don't say. I heard that tar and other carcinogens are inhaled while smoking marijuana, but it's also proven that the cannabinoids can cut lung cancer tumor growth by HALF. Not to even mention that there is zero relation to lung cancer and marijuana. ZERO. It actually prevents it. You also forgot to mention that marijuana, out of all the other "drugs" (including pain pills), is LAST in the "Deaths due to drugs" list. More people have died from caffeine! I mean, come on, get your facts straight before posting this on your site. Search "marijuana lung cancer relation" in Google, and you will see that the facts I posted are the first couple articles that show up.
- —Guest collegeFreshman
Most biased "article" award goes to.
- I'm a 21 year old Engineering student. I can say for certain that this drug does not mess with your ability to solve problems. Solving problems is all I do, day in day out. My grades are fairly good (low 80%). I also have ADHD and the pills that i have to take to be able to focus make it impossible to eat and very difficult to sleep. Two things I have trouble with daily. I first started smoking when i was 16 and have been doing it off and on since. I had not smoked in almost a year when I first started taking dexadrine. I spent 3 months eating maybe eating 1 meal a day, sometimes none. I was also sleeping about 4-5 hours a night. At the end of those 3 months I was 6'2 135lbs. The end came when I smoked some weed one night, hoping it would help me sleep. Not only did I sleep like a baby that night, I also ate more food than i usually would in 2 days. I am now 155lbs and sleeping on average 7 hours a night and still on my ADHD meds. That's my story of how Marijuana affect my health.
- —Guest Max13
marijuana is not cool at all
- for all the people out there who think pot is cool well its really not i lost my mom and dad to this stuff when i was two i got taken away from my mom and dad and i was put into foster care and my foster dad smoked pot to and every dad he would beat me and i was sad but one day i got taken out of there and put into a new foster home and now im happy but i didnt know my biological parents and they smoked pot and there dead for six years i couldnt but think thats its my fault they died
- —Guest zebra808
people should not do this
- people u need to stop doing this for all the people out there who think that this is good wake up i actually lost my best friend because of this it is not good four u i know u might think that u need to smoke but u dont u need help get some help
- —Guest lover girl
Pot and education
- I,ve smoked marijuana since the late 1960's. I'm not high all the time. My grades all through school have been around 3.8%. My doctor it is in art education. I don't go to work high at the university. I've won many awards in education and also awards for my art work. Pot should be legal and get the crimanal element out of it and quit putting our own people in prison. It's a plant given by god.
- —Guest dr. dennis
what is really going wrong
- i am twenty years old and have been smoking this beautiful god given plant for 3-4 years now. i smoked as many times a day as i could fit into my schedule for quite awhile ive had the same job since i was sixteen and have been given a raise whenever possible, graduated from HS with a 3.0 you could say i underachieved during this time. ive got no health problems to speak of. i have a son that is a year old and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. he motivates me to get up and be a success every day. smoking marijuana is our constitutional freedom. no one has ever overdosed from it. vicodin and oxy kill more people a year now than meth and heroin, these are the real problem prescription drugs, doctors signing away murder notes. restrict the age of using marijuana to eighteen, tax the hell out of it. lets start digging away at our thirteen trillion dollar deficit. if citizens can start growing it in their area there will be no demand for the drug cartels to supply.
- —Guest drew
You be the judge
- When I first smoked I did not get "hooked" on it. I smoked once a month or sometimes every two or three months. A year later I smoked on a daily basis. I was doing bad in school because I was lazy. It had nothing to do with marijuana. I would go to summer school high and it did not change anything at all. I stopped smoking and I had no trouble leaving marijuana. I did not crave it and I have not craved it. I was still in school when I left it and I was still lazy did enough work to know I was passing and I graduated from high school. It has been a year and a month I've been clean. So all this stuff that marijuana is bad and harmful is not true. I am not an addict and I am not a bum. I'm currently in school and my memory is good. I do not have trouble remembering things for quizzes, tests, and stuff like that. So... you be the judge is it really as harmful as people say it is?
- As an American citizen we should be allowed to do what we want. The feds should not be able to decide what drugs i want to use. It is unconstitutional for the United States government to make that decision for us. In my humble opinion it the pain pills and stuff that cause the most problems. Those things are truly addictive. Marijuana is a non-addictive substance. And for christ's sake it is a damn plant. A PLANT. If I as an American citizen want to grow a plant, whatever that may be, I should be able to. End of story. Marijuana prohibition is unconstitutional and down right ridiculous. Use my tax dollars on keeping our soldiers alive and out of harms way. Use my tax dollars on the infrastructure... Not prohibition of a plant.
- —Guest non smoker
- It seems to me that a tobacco company wrote this article. The facts are all wrong. To say that marijuana is more harmful than tobacco is unintelligent to say the least. Before I started smoking marijuana I had terrible episodes with my asthma. So bad I was hospitalized three times. A friend who is also a runner told me that he smoked before her ran to help him breathe better. So I decided to try it for my asthma. Yeah, I coughed when i smoked. But you know what? I haven't had a single asthma episode since I started and it feels great! I have never ever been able to breathe so well. So when the article says that tobacco has less carcinogens than pot they are lying. If that were the case i would be dead. I couldn't even be in the room with a tobacco smoker before because it would cause me to have serious trouble breathing. The article says that they can't find conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer... Well that is because it doesn't.. No one has ever gotten cancer from pot use.
- —Guest no problems
Smoking isn't all of it.
- I'm not a big pot smoker.There is more to pot than just smoking it.I have put my fibromyalgia and arthritis in my knee at bay now for over a year by ingesting the tea mixed with hemp seed oil.It is the pot head that is going to keep this stuff from being used for it's health benefits anyway.Out of all the people i know who smoke pot on a regular basis,half of them won't work for a living.This half are sponges.The other half have always worked and raised their families and still enjoy a toke when they can.Pot oils can and do cure cancer and over 200 other illness's and your just fooling yourself if you think this is a lie.In fact you are a fool if you think this stuff isn't the best medical treatment on earth.
Listen up yall
- Look here folks, smoking is bad for your lungs period. By smoking weed you are supporting a criminal network and indulging in something you never needed. Using a drug to over come your problems is weak and doesnt get to the bottom of the problem.
- —Guest GStarMofo
- I tried weed for the first time when I was 15. On my 18th birthday I went and got a Medical Marijuana card. Since then I have smoked weed everyday for the last 8 months. For someone with both depression and anxiety in their family history (one from each side wonderfully), I can say weed has absolutely made my life better. Things would stress me out to no end, and I was generally in a bad mood. Today, I am one of the happiest people I know. Weed has elevated my mood, allowed me to relax, and given me a different outlook on life. I now understand that I want to live my life to the fullest. I've experienced a couple negative side effects, but quite honestly they do not at all compare with the vast benefits. I have not experienced any learning problems and would say that short term memory loss is one of the biggest downturns. Weed is not for everyone, but I must say it is portrayed in the completely wrong light. It is for the most part, a unifying and enlightening plant.
- —Guest highschool senior
even if this were all true
- it would still be far less dangerous than alcohol. Lot of old and bad information in this report. You can fight marijuana or fight violence, but you can't do both because cannabis is far less likely to lead to violence than its competition America's drug killer alcohol, and the futile attempt to ban weed causes massive prohibition related violence.
- —Guest saynotohypocrisy
Better than this.
- Personally, I believe marijuana has helped me deal with a great amount of problems in my life. Abusive step-father. Low self-esteem. Socially awkward. I've had many things to overcome in life, and now i believe i have a better start then most do. The man who introduced me to this great plant also is responsible for my acceptance into UNCW. I use cannabis products daily and enjoy the peace it brings. I have made so many more friends then i htiought i'd ever have. They ALL use daily as well and are the greatest people i've had the pleasure of meeting. My GPA is currently a perfect 4.0, untill marijuana is made legal our government will continue it propaganda obession with marijuana, and waste millions a year when they could be making their wastes into profits 100 times over. Marijuana has literally saved my life before it even began and no matter what the government has to say, i believe that we should have the right to choose for ourselves if we want to indulge as others do with alcohol.
- —Guest college4.0