How Smoking Marijuana Saved Me
- When I was in 7th grade, a friend of mine handed me the first joint I ever smoked. Since then, it has been a bumpy ride. Don't get me wrong; it definitely wasn't the weed. In fact, it was when I stopped smoking weed that I ran into trouble. I became depressed, suicidal and even ended up in the hospital from a suicide attempt. After I got out of the hospital, my problems continued. I began to take Xanax, Benadryl, sleeping medication: really anything that would give me a good high. I hit bottom when I got addicted to Valium, which was when I decided to start smoking weed again. Ever since I started up at the beginning of this summer, things have been great. I walk my dog, play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends and generally, I am joyful. Long story short, marijuana has saved my life. The antidepressants doctors had me take did absolutely nothing for me, but weed keeps my mood where I like it to be. I am more than proud to say that I am happy with my life.
- —Guest anonymous
- Been smoking weed for 30 years. for the past 5 years i have been stopping for 3 months, smoke for 3 months... etc etc. have no issues. For me smoking is like taking a very big sigh @ the end of the day. I quit smoking cigs, quit drinking about 10 years ago. feel great. my favorite activity is to smoke and fish or smoke and ride my mountain bike.
- —Guest gremz
It's a medicine not a play thing
- I have been diagnosed with MS. Before I would smoke recreationally, when I decided to stop is when I started feeling and having issues with my health. I would tremble uncontrollably, drop things, numbness in certain parts of my body-I was unable to feel temperatures especially while in the shower my driving became more wreckless. It was if I was driving a spaceship. At night I felt as if I was having seizures to the point my headboard would bang against the wall. I had no control over my bladder or bowel movements. The only thing I did feel was excruciating pain throughout my body. Drs prescribed me everything from Tylenol3, to dilaudid. Nothing helped. So I, after reading about the medical journals sciencetists' tests that debunk ALL of the propaganda, and proved that MJ was been used since the dawn of time as a medication in many forms. It is now considered a medicine. So, saying that. You youngsters wouldn't grab a bottle of aspirin/Tylenol only to play video games n Taco Bell
- —Guest Joey Bass
Weed, Hash,Opium, LSD, Cocaine S bite
- I started from Charas (Hashish) and at that time I didn't use to smoke even dats around 6 yrs back. After that it has been a saga of chillum, bongs, papers, gravity(bucket bongs) and much more. Not even a single day has passed since 2 yrs when I have not smoked atleast 3 papers daily (OCB full size papers). In between I have tried many things Opium, Cocaine, Meth, Crack, LSD, Snake bite, brown sugar just for experimental purposes I am not an addict of these things. But Hash and Weed we are like best buddies because we used to get the best Cream available in the whole world i.e Malana Cream(Red Ice, black Ice) Now I am 23 and I am working in an IT organization as a software developer . Its been 3 months since I quit Smoking Charas & Ganja. 1 week was like Insomnia full on but after that everything started to make sense my Sensory System started to response well, Fluency came naturally and Brain started to work well. Give your goals and ambition priority and focus on that, rest is myth.
- —Guest Once a D0PEr
- This is mostly fake it is IMPOSSIBLE to overdose on weed, AND FOR ALL YOU IDIOTS WEED DOES NOT KILL BRAIN CELLS! This is a bunch of bogus look it up on any scientific study and make sure to read the fine print. Weed can cause lack of motivation but it can not kill you and it can not physically harm you. Besides I don't care how much weed you smoke there is no physical withdrawal meaning its NOT ADDICTIVE! You may become reliant on it but its no different than your reliance on coffee in the morning
- —Guest Anonymous
mj is an herb
- You get worse withdrawal from caffeine...and far worse withdrawal from alcohol or benzodiazepines...you can die
- —Guest nicolette
- how many people have actually died from weed? now, tell me how many people have died from alcohol or cigarettes? or peanuts?
- —Guest snoop
- Weed will never hurt anyone if done every so often. Once it starts becoming more then twice a week it can cause a lot of life problems and hurt your future. There is certain cases where people who smoke daily never loose motivation and are active, but this is a select few. Your question made it sound like you want to be a once-twice a day smoker which I strongly suggest against especially so young you are still figuring yourself out, and you are at a big point in your life for mental addictions.
- —Guest Anonymous
college and marijuana
- Many of you may find interest in marijuana when you are studying in college, mainly because everyone else is doing it, yes I'm talking bout influence. So from my experience, I started smoking weed regularly to get extreme, but I slowly realize I'm more anti social to non weed smoker. What is worst for me is that I got dependent on weed to set my mind free. Besides that, being paranoid and forgetful is normal if you start smoking pot, so take your chances if you want to try smoking weed in college.
- —Guest AJ
Anxiety, socially awkward
- I've never smoked weed in my Life, but I've had the urge to because my life isn't as fun as I want it to be. I have really bad anxiety and I'm disgustingly awkward, quiet, and I've had anxiety since the age of 10. I'm 15, I truthfully want to try weed because it seems like everything is better when you're under the influence. People are funnier, more confident, awesome to be around. I want that to be me, and I'm finding it hard to be that while i'm sober.
- —Guest NY
- You kids smoking pot at age 13 and 14 should not be posting on here. You are a child and shouldnt be allowed to smoke anything let alone pot. As for myself, througout my early years of school (non smoking) I was in alot of trouble and getting bad grades. As I grew older about my junior year of high school I started smoking pot, my grades were higher than ever before and I was top of my class all year. Pot has diffrent effects on diffrent people. Like I said kids shouldnt be smoking. 95% of you only smoke because your friends are doing it. Honestly your posts on here make you look bad. I appreciate pot for what it is, a plant that helped me in life.
- —Guest Dev
- Smoking weed is the worstest thing I have ever done in my life i started at the age of 17 now am twenty almost every day I always fill a serious pain in my heart I am realy praying to God who created weed to help me quit it is really a problem to me now so please forget about the flavour you can do it without weed please pray for me if u are with me C J
- —Guest C J
Less harmful than other legal drugs
- I believe that Marijuana should be legalised because it has never caused any harm to me. It creates a relaxed environment and the only negative is having to get it through illegal means. Although I can get very paranoid when smoking weed, I don't see this as much of a put off point because it only emphasizes my current paranoia which I am aware of, and I am aware that it is just "all in my mind". I think the relaxing, interesting and creative properties of marijuana really set it apart from other drugs, and it is definitely far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.
- —Guest Ella
Marijuana is not meant for you!
- Most people say they are not addicted to marijuana,but when they describe everything they go through to find more sounds a lot like addiction to me. People say marijuana is not unhealthy because it's a medicinal drug and is natural, but don't realize that every medicine has a certain dosage per day and only if you really need it to ease some symptoms or else it's then consider drug abuse. Tylenol is medicine, doesn't mean I can drink it when I am not sick. Some people don't understand how weed is dangerous because they don't want to acknowledge those who have died thinking they could fly and thrown themselves of a roof for example. A drug doesn't necessarily have to kill you internally, it can just lead your mind into doing certain silly things that can lead you into an accident that may cause your death. If you are doing marijuana and don't have a prescription, then you are abusing the medicine because you are most likely not using the right dosage.
- —Guest Melissa
- Im 15 and ive been smoking a little over a year. I've never had below a 3.0 GPA and im a Sophomore in Algebra 2. I smoke almost everyday and it makes me appreciate things more and feel in touch with nature and people. Its hasn't harmed me yet. But if you do notice a difference in your life quit smoking! It harms some, helps some, or is just neutral for some like me.
- —Guest Blazed