Not the miricle drug I first thought!
- Had some home grown weed given too me by a friend. Kept it for a rainy day until one day I found myself unable to sleep due to extream stress at work. Had a couple of puffs and was like bliss... got me past the worst... started puffing for general recreation... later started getting really bad bouts of depression and anxiety for no apparent reason and unable to resolve issues adequately... My personal opinion.. maybe ok for medical purposes, but definitely not for recreation!
- —Guest DaveKay
its not bad
- I'm 16 iv been smoking the kush for a good year I love the high I get from weed its realy not a bad thing people are just scared of it...legalize the wEEd its only natural why do they make nature illegal its never killed anyone ban the alcohol and tobacco products not the God given good stuff!!!
- —Guest VC
- marijuana has been researched plenty to justify legalizing its use. Over 400,000 people die every year from tobacco related illnesses. Alcohol related deaths claim about 85,000 lives per year. Marijuana overdoses 0. Legalize it and distribute it properly or make everything else illegal instead..
- —Guest college student
dude, you got your facts wrong!
- the reason people who don't smoke weed regularly have a better life is simply because they weren't "cool" enough when all their friends started. The "nerds" usually have a better life when growing up but that has nothing to do with the weed. When it comes to violence and crime, this is kind of ironic... it's the prohobition that makes you violent, not the weed or the cravings for weed. because weed is illegal it's a big money source. prices for weed are much higher because of the prohobition and so the money is the trigger that drives you to hurt others for weed or money related to weed. when it comes to addiction, do like i do. try to keep your use to a minimum; for example once a week, maybe 2. don't use it to cope with lifes realities; use it for your own enjoyment.
- —Guest Engineering student, 17 yrs
- I have quit smoking and cannabis with hypnosis after using daily for 25 years had bad COPD.have been clean for 3weeks n feel good but have such terrible nightmares am frightened to go to sleep what to do?
- —Guest marigold
Enhances aspects of the self
- Im 30 been smoking 3-4x a day straight for 3 years. I have noticed physical withdrawals on the occasions that I quit for a month or so to clean my system but nothing like any other drug or alcohol. I was addicted as a 20year old to all sorts of things and spent 7 years sober. Now I only smoke and dont use anything else including alcohol. Part of the reason i used drugs was severe clinical depression and suicidal tendencies even some auditory hallucinations which i suffered from intensely for those 7 years in which I wasnt using. Now all i have to do is smoke and take a lot of vitamin D and over the last 3 years of smoking I completed a Masters Degree, Ive done well at work, Im more social and stable emotionally and relationships are good. I get sad and experience the entire spectrum of emotions but I never dive too deep into a depression I cant get out of with a toke or 2 and some extreme mental focus for about an hour. Ive been on so many pharm drugs that havent worked.
- —Guest Tbone
It's not for everybody
- It is hard for me to understand why anyone wants to get high. This substance makes you have a feeling of dreaming about strange ideas. Hallucinations is probably a better word for it.
- im 14 now i started smoking grass when I was 13 never had any health problems i always felt relax i got caught once by my father and im still not quiting smoke grass kids...LEGALIZE MJ....
- —Guest Kurt
smoke to choke no more
- I started smoking @ age 16. Now 44 and I recently stopd 3mos ago. Waz arrested in harris county texas bout 7 yrs ago and that arrest pushed me from 4sweets a day to bout 12 a day. I felt like da world was outta tune wit reality of weed users when in fact I was outta reality wit myself. I needed to choke 1 juz so I could sleep @ nite. Then I needed 1 so I could develop an apetite to eat. Thn I had to hav 1 r2 r3 juz so I could make it thru my shift @ work. And of course I needed several for intercourse, no wut I mean? Weed & sex seemed to b da new viagra. Drink a beer pop a tylenol and light dat vega and da world culdnt stop me. Best sex eva! But wut I didn't know waz da harm of smokin 27 yrs & wut it was doing to my insides. IBS, high BP, increased cholesterol, culdnt maintain employment cuz I waz high 20 hrs out of eri 24. Bottom line iz B real! Itl take negative effects sooner r latr. Ppl r quik to say da good bout weed but they neva admit da bad. 3mos totally sober & GOD Iz GReaTeR
- —Guest mr garcia vega luva
- Recently my family found out that I smoke weed and ever since they've been treating me like I'm just as bad as a heroin addict or something. I feel like some of the best and worst experiences have stemmed from smoking weed. Its given me a deeper knowledge of good and evil. I connect with people on another level and we discuss topics that normally arent talked about. And obviously it makes me happy and feel good. But theres gotta be a million other ways I could be making myself happy. I've realized that if smoking is causing problems with me and my family it would be mega messed up and disrespectful to choose weed over them.
- —Guest glitteryvibes
- I am 19 yrs old, and i always knew i would smoke weed. When i smoke weed, i get a heightened sense of things. I am calm, and i think perfectly(i'm a good thinker, but when i take weed- its like heaven). Weed is good for me. I started smoking cigarretes first, but i found out it was like poison. Weed is sent from God!
- —Guest Kakashi sensei
it amazing what one can do with it
- Honestly, i don't think its bad, and i am medical student. i smoke weed like twice or thrice in a week, bt i always control how high i get. when i started smoking abot three months i immediately felt a deep appreciation for life and art, i stopped drinking, i was more focsed and started to ask qestions. i became more involved in different health projects and finally my grades have really improved, from getting a D's and C's to getting A's and B's, i know i cant really blame the grass for all this, bt i can say that it helped.
- —Guest From Africa
Two edged sword.
- In the area I was brought up in, weed was quite commonplace and seemed part of the culture, and some of my friends' parents used to grow their own. I had my first j when I was 14 ( we stole some leaves off my mates dads plant ), and found it quite heady and funny. I smoked on and off ( just leaf) for the next year and enjoyed it. When I was about 16 a friends father was murdered over a pound of weed, very tragic, and I began to realize that though there was a good side to weed, there was also a bad side too. I didn't touch weed again til I was 30 and have been a regular partaker for the last 18yrs. I don't tend to do it in the week because I guess I don't like being stoned all the time, and in the last 4 yrs have been making cookies rather than smoking. From experience I can say that weed isn't good for everyone, for some it'll be addictive, for others not. Some will sell their sole for it, even kill for it, others not. That's why I think its a 2 edged sword.
- —Guest wolfs-head
every one blames something
- I have smoked for 16 years and have had to quit for probationary periods of time and have never had withdrawals i am mentally strong and if your not you better not quit doing anything you might freek out...... your mind is the problem not what you eat or smoke.
- —Guest real people
Marijuana is not bad!
- I who is not a Marijuana smoker have seen the positive sides of it. My mother who has Ms has to take it because of her really bad spasms. It stops them. There is cannabis in the Marijuana, so its not going to attack it in our body. It has been proven that it helps our body be healed. It fights disease. Researchers have found that this is more healthy than salad. Doctors had given my father medications for his illness his whole life, he passed away because of it. Before he had passed away they talked about putting him on Marijuana because it would treat him better, and fight the illness. He was one a drug made by people. Marijuana is a weed that grows from the ground with nothing needed to be added to it. Just like salad. The reason why people have such a big deal about it because they are lied to, and afraid. The true reason why it was turned illegal, was because the government did not want whites and colors to get along. This is in a Canadian documentary on YouTube.
- —Guest Rose Ward