Everyone is different
- Im telling all of you now weed can be a bad thing if u let it. I have been smoking the weed for 5 years almost every single day i am now 19 and my lungs are complete and utter crap. If u can just smoke weed once or twice a month it isn't bad, but doing it every day or even every weekend will affect you in some strange ways, whether it be family, you're mind, you're lungs or even money trust me you will run into an issue no matter how small or large it may be ( there are about a thousand other retarded problems you will not notice until u start to dislike it). If u cant stop doing something u love and that thing just so happens to be weed u will end up having a bad time in the end. To everyone that uses it every day or weekend come back here when u cant get a hold of any and tell me how fun ur day was. If u enjoy being high every day u are ignorant towards you're own life
- —Guest Steve
- Marijuana is not bad. Most of the health information on hear is wrong.
- —Guest Art
Yes mj can cause problems.
- Starting smoking when I was 17. Quickly lost interest in most of my once loved activities. Dropped out of college and have had a lifetime of low paying, boring jobs. Quite different than before I smoked. I was nearly a straight A student, a good athlete and had lots of friends. After I started smoking pot my grades plummeted, I became reclusive and lost many friends. I also saw this same thing happen to many of my old friends. Stopped smoking for many years and started again a year ago after moving to a medical marijuana state. The same things started happening all over again. I lost almost all motivation and became pretty worthless. I started becoming insecure and withdrawn. I just stopped completely last week and now I'm having terrible nightmares, insomnia and depression. Yes marijunana can and does cause problems while using and when you stop. The resoning of, "Oh it's a natural plant and it's never killed anyone," does not mean it can't cause harm. It can and it does.
- —Guest al
All things in moderation
- I smoke s little weed every night before i go to bed and I sleep like a baby , before i had a hard time going to sleep or staying asleep now I wake up feeling refreshed & I think it is much better than alcohol , I never feel hungover or awful the next day like when you drink . I think weed should be legal . If you are worrird about the tar effect on lungs use a water pipe or vaporizer .
- —Guest Zen
Skewed web site
- I never tried it until well into my 30's. Funny how most people 100% against it never even tried it. The real studies haven't shown any links to anything yet. Done in moderation there doesn't seem to be any negative side to it. Way less harmful than alcohol. And to you morons that haven't used it yet seem to be in the know, it is not a gateway drug. Beer is 100% a gateway drug. Ive done more stupid crap and been more willing to do stupid stuff while drunk. While high I never even thought of doing those things. I don't advocate doing drugs and if you haven't started don't. The secret to it all is moderation. Do to much MJ and you will get all messed up but the worst you will end up doing is going to bed. Cigs and alcohol are by far worse for you the only reason they are legal is tons of $$ behind the politicians pushing them.
- —Guest Bystander
Everything is relative
- I have smoked weed since I was 14. Recently I had dental work and had to stop due to gums and teeth healing. Firstly weed will not do MOST people harm IF YOU DON'T MIX IT WITH TOBACCO. An addiction to anything is dangerous I know of people who have killed themselves with coffee for gods sake. The reason it is illegal is because the government who by the way kill thousands of people every year with poor quality healthcare can't tax it. It can cause lung problems for some people but unlike tobacco does not cause lung cancer. I believe I have Lupus a rare autoimmune disease however cannabis did such a good job of tackling it I hardly noticed now i don't smoke it I have all sorts of problems so please people if you don't know about it don't talk about it. This is fact humans are genetically designed to smoke weed and have done for thousands of years, mind you it can cause gum problems so watch out for that.
- —Guest JohnB
Love you long time.
- Started smoking @ aged 18. Initial reactions were more intense and 'giggly' than now, but I still enjoy the head sensations. I studied to become a telecom's engineer whilst smoking daily, and got the highest ever recorded scores for a number of exams. Went on to be the subject matter expert in my region for fibre optic transmission technologies. My wife smoked with me until the birth of our first child, but some change occurred then that made her spin out everytime and she had to quit. I always promised that if there was a legal alternative I would do that instead, because it is illegal here in NZ, so have swapped to K2. I would rather stick with the real deal. Side effects of smoking are mostly a mild smoker's cough and sometimes heartburn or a feeling like i might need to poop unexpectedly(!) I am very creative when stoned, doing complex wiring installations or sometimes writing software to assist the job. I am now a senior manager. Cannabis is only a problem if you let it be.
- —Guest David
It's all good
- I'm 16, I drink like a fish, and I smoke like a broken stove. It seems to me that the people who are truly against marijuana are those who haven't tried it. I'm not saying everyone should smoke weed, but it really isn't bad in moderation. I may have crappy memory, but it don't matta. None a this matta's.
- —Guest Isaac
Trying to quit
- I have not smoked for 4 days now and I can honestly say I have experienced withdrawal... Loss of appetite, insomnia and night sweats. I have had to stay away from my boyfriend and friends who smoke because it is difficult to resist the temptation! I have smoked weed for 10years since i was 18 and have suffered with depression over the years which may or may not be related. I can't wait until I no longer have that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that I can't wait for a smoke! I want to be at the stage where I can take it or leave it and only do once in a while or not at all.
- —Guest Clare
- Well, I don't smoke, & I never have. I dated a weed head before, multiple times, & I hated it. I hated the way they acted high, I hated the way their breath smelled, etc. I had weed head guys, & I refuse to ever date one again . To my knowledge, weed is truly a gateway drug. & many people ARE addicted to weed, like people are addicted to cigarettes. The most famous line is "I could quit if I wanted". That's what all the addicts say, & they never quit. Marijuanna is being used in a secret agenda by the government. I'm staying away from that Ish . If you like it, do it, I guess. Just be mindful
- —Guest Cute
Its not for everyone. Fullstop!
- I started smoking weed when i was around 18-21 during education & it was perfect experimenting the buzz in the early age with friends which resulted to Munchies, Giggles etc, the only real problem that time was RED EYES but i discovered Eyedrops later :) - The usage started to increase gradually as it became a social thing but I didn't ever suffer from any bad/extreme effects. I believe if your in the right frame of mind its good but over the years I encountered a few bad things in life and smoking it now has a complete different effect. You can say it relaxes you or its good for stressed but what it does is take you out of the real world and make you think, makes you ambitious but with no drive, can effect your confidence and may lead to anxiety, can also mess up you sex life as it makes you lazy. My advice, do it if your in a good place, keep excercising and do it within moderation. I am tryna quit that shit coz sometimes i dont appreciate what my mind is thinking
- —Guest Smoke_it_Up
Just legalize it
- I'm 16, smoke atleast once a day, you could call me a stoner. I love mj, it does great things for people and if you don't like it, I'm sorry to hear that but don't ruin it for everyone else. I do understand there are some bad things about it, personally my short term memory isn't perfect but really it doesn't affect me on a large scale. Weed is a good thing, my best relationships are centered around it. Why shouldn't it be legal when alcohol and tobacco are?
- —Guest Kid
- cannabis abuse is something people need to be careful of.this will put you in a bad place. in moderation,you should be fine. but cannabis can definitely have negative effects on SOME ppl.
- —Guest matt
Weed and Booze
- To all of you people saying "it helps me come out of my shell/play with my kids/do daily tasks" What do you think alcoholics say? You are an addict. I have never done it and I probably won't but I don't disagree that it's like booze. You can get addicted just like any drug and it does have side effects! If you are smoking it and going to work people notice! You are slow and stumbling ... just like alcohol you don't realize what you look like until someone tapes you because you are out of control/just don't give a crap.
- —Guest Lana
- I have had insomnia all my life. BEFORE I smoked weed. When I smoke weed, I am able to rest. When I cant afford it, I am up at 2 am typing in forums like I am right now. Weed is a cure not a disease, and weed doesn't cause schizophrenia. I say this because I have a family member who is schizo. His developed schizo from drugs given to him at a mental institution he was sent to due to his LSD use. He has been on various prescribed drugs for over 30 years and his schizophrenia has only worsened. He barely talks without the medication, and with the medication, his attention span is low and conversation is basic. One day I smoked him out. He opened up and told me the horrific story in detail of how he was arrested 30 years ago while high on LSD. Of course he told the cops he was sober. He was commited to a psyche ward put on psyche meds, unknown that his behavior was due to a bad Acid trip and not a mental condition. THC allowed him to be coherent enough to tell me this 30 year old tale.
- —Guest mike