Mary Jane healthier than prescription Dr
- Smoking pot has to be better than taking antidepressants and painkillers. Antidepressants are addictive unlike weed and are now believed to cause numerous birth defects. I've used both when I was prescribed celexa it worked but didn't nearly as good as smoking. And pain pills are super addictive again unlike pot. Its arguable that marijuana does as good as painkillers but in my opinion pot works a hundred times better. Also prescription drugs have way to many negative effects. Yes weed may cause memory problems but only in heavy daily use but as far as problem solving skills it increases it. Marijuana makes people concentrate more. It also makes hand eye coordination better. I'm no doctor but as a daily pot smoker the only negative effects I've noticed is slight short term memory loss and about the same effects as cigarettes on the lungs. This may be off the medical topic but marijuana users are generally nicer more polite people and thats what the world really needs!
- —Guest shankems
At Least 3 Blunts A Day.
- after reading about what other people have to say about my lady mary j i just wanted to express myself even if no one reads it. Weed can be good or bad for you depending on the user and you can say that about everything on this planet..its all about the circumstances of your mind body and soul. i started smokin at 15 now 18 ive been smoking a more than a quater every few days. moderate use of it helps with my motivation..happiness and helps me gain a more positive mindset. on the other hand smoking it too much makes me sleep my life away going day by day just passing the time until i die. thats how i feel right now. at this very moment i feel as thought weeds the only thing i have to look forward too. when im high i feel like im floating over top of nothingness and when i come down this bull reality hits me and i feel like i want more than whats offered in this lifes experience. bottomline everything has an effect on you.you just gotta know whats good and bad for you. Marijuana
- —Guest Meka
Out of the box
- All in all like religion and politics should be taken in moderation! Weed will change your way of thinking short term and affect your short term memory. It is a great motivator to get some small brain dead tasks (like cleaning) done around the house. Because of the change in thinking you arive at different solutions to a problem or task, not always better but in some cases they are; and you would never have looked in that direction had you not smoked. Short term memory loss is real and does not help you learn; but it appears to only happen when you are stoned. You can find yourself lost in weed, taking it several times a day and staying stoned, not a good idea; it can lead to lost and wasted time. If taken with some moderation it can enhance your life and provide you with some motivation and a view outside the box. Not appropriate for driving a car but could be really nice for a low stress trip on the water (canoe or raft) or a hike in the mountains.
- —Guest Guest
Used It For 20 to 30 Years
- I have used it for 20 to 30 years off and on. I never stoped me from doing anything I wanted to do. I can't use it and go to school or work. I can only use it afterwards and on weekends. I can't find it any more and the men that I met that do it try to use it to get sex from me. I have never not paid a bill or thing like that so that I could have some. The problem is that it makes me want to have sex and over eat. I am not married and I not having sex with man for a smoke forget it. I really need to lose weight so smoking is not good for my health. Because of those two things I have to stop. And by the way I didn't start smoking until after age 21 and yes I did try other drugs but I wanted an education more than I wanted drugs so all I did was smoke sometimes.
- —Guest Guest User
- The real reason it's illegal is that fascists worry about the effect that a drug that can make people happy will have on GDP and willingness to fight. Consider how alcohol makes people behave by contrast. It makes many people bitter, angry & combative. That's why alcohol is legal, despite having VASTLY greater detrimental effects in virtually every way, from health to economy to cars wrapped around trees, pedestrians, or other cars. Every claim people make here and around about THC's detrimental impact on health is pure hearsay, anecdotal and not based on any actual scientific research because the laws make such research impossible in this country. Has anyone considered doing this research where it is either legal or tolerated, and has been long term like Amsterdam? I don't think they have even though there's plenty of data to be had there, but they won't because that will disprove their cherished BS illusions about it, and might (mocking gasp) make people happy!
- —Guest Justa Guest
What is all this
- Im just gonna say im about to stop smoking within the next week, for about a month or two. I've been using mary J heavily,granted my school schedule has been pretty relaxed. I know its gonna be ridiculously irritating at first because of how relaxing it is, but its gonna be even better when I go back to it and get lost in the space time continuum. Adding the fact that I have to focus on finals, only makes it more rewarding. Also it doesnt hurt to try smoking weed, but everything isn't for everybody. If you cant focus on your daily responsibilities because of it, then you better learn how to or stop. Come on man! You don't want to wait until its out of hand and you start justifying irrationally why you shouldn't go to work today,tomorrow, or the next day. I guess after the next day you'll justify why you shouldn't get up and go Job hunting.
- —Guest Swattleme
seen both sides
- I get it the ones saying weed only makes you lazy if you let it, or i feel happier on it, get over it people its legal in cali....etc...But think about this for a minute I smoked for 14 years I had fun it made me happy I got house work done( called it my inspiration helper) got more stuff done on it. But then I started to get panic attacks It was then that i learned some of those side effect we all joke about do exist after LONG TERM use...and ya I could have ended up with anxiety without the weed , What I do know is i married a guy that smoked like me and in the end weed ,partying destroyed our marriage , even though I quit he still uses and because he keeps passing out and not taking proper hygiene and care of our son during his visits he now has supervised visits only, our son actually got attacked by a pet at his home and he was to stoned to seek medical attention for him. I agree it varies by person but it is a illegal drug with body/life effects.BTW panic free w/ great job now!
- —Guest guest
- I know plenty of people smoke weed, all different kinds and ways. but i still havnt tried. i smoke cigarettes. Ive heard good and bad things about it. i have to write a 5 page paper saying how weed isnt such a bad thing after all. any opinions would help. Please and thank you
- —Guest interester05
Marijuana and life
- Just because marijuana doesn't mess up your everyday life doesn't mean it's mean it's not a problem. Not all alcoholics have problems holding jobs. Tobacco users don't have problems holding jobs either. Does that mean it's a good idea? Many people don't get sick from alcohol usage until their older and have been drinking regularly for years and years. Same with tobacco users. They can go years and years without any health problems. I'm sure it's the same with weed. But with any substance like that you're risking damage to organs inside the body that are vital for life. Alcohol you damage liver. Tobacco you can damage your lungs and esophagus. Marijuana used excessively is dangerous, just like any other substance. And while you may not think it causes any problems for you. I can guarantee it hurts the people that care about you. I don't care how good it makes somebody feel, it's illegal unlike alcohol and tobacco using it every once in awhile can still get you into trouble with the law
- —Guest Guest...
My Life With Marijuana
- I don't know how to explain but when i had marijuana, i feel really good but you don't know whats it is doing to your health. I got cancer and nearly died but i was lucky that i survived. I also miss my best friend who passed away because of having marijuana. And it was my fault that actually force her to do that as i thought she'll be happier but it didn't turn out what i expected, as she died. Any way i'm all good now, so i can start a new and happy life without marijuana or any other drugs especially things or food that will/can kill you. Reanne
- —Guest Reanne
come on really....
- I have been somking pot daily for the past 7 years, I have a great (proffesional)job, a wonderful family and amazing fiance....Yes, pot can make you lazy...but only if you let it...it's all in your head people
- —Guest just me
Its time to throw in the towel
- Medical marijuana has been legal in California since 1996 and absolutely no one has turned into a zombie! While, as many have pointed out, too much of anything can be problematic, the idea of weed being something that can land you in jail is downright silly. I'm 50 years old and have smoked weed pretty much my entire adult life and have managed to start and successfully run two businesses, so so much for lack of ambition! Marijuana being illegal is simply stupid! Bob
- —Guest Bobster
- Too much of a good thing is bad for people. So long as there is some sort of self control, anything should be ok to use. If your responsible enough, then go ahead and do it. If you can't handle it (and those of you who can't know who you are) don't do it. The majority of us in society can handle going to a bar or buying a 6 pack. Scientifically, drinking has been proven to be worse for your health. Adverse health affects and protection of citizens did not cause marijuana prohibition, lumber company lobbyist did in order to squash competition from the production of hemp. Wake up people, educate yourself, and think for yourself!
- —Guest Professor
- Find it kind of amusing how many people state its non habit forming, yet the next paragraph states how they dont function to their full potential without it, or they were depressed until they started smoking it...heres an idea...let people smoke all the weed they want, pull all the other painkillers off the shelves and see how well it works out for you....oh and while your at it, just remove warning labels from everything and let the strong survive...so long hippies.
- —Guest beendownbothrds
Prove the non-believers wrong
- Take this to heart, why do you care if another person chooses to smoke weed? Smoking weed is a choice that is made by the user and how that person reacts to the high is based on why they are using it. If you use weed as a crutch to get through the day of course you'll become "dependent" on it. I am a full time college student and I work full time as well. I smoke weed fairly often and I have never had any health problems that came from smoking weed. Each time I smoke my intentions are different based upon what I am hoping to accomplish after I smoke. I don't have a problem roasting a bowl and then cleaning my house, doing my homework, or doing whatever I have to get done that day. I also admit that I like to smoke and bum out on the couch to relax sometimes. It's all about your mindset and knowing when to stop smoking so you can enjoy the high and go on with your daily routine without acting like a burnt out stoner. God mad fire and bud and Eve made the first apple pipe
- —Guest Begin Liftoff Under Nose Today