- i jus started smoking and im 17. i always that smoking pot will make u do crazy stuff but it didnt. When ever i smoke i feel melo and feel like chilleng just go to a freinds house and relax. i smoke it after school somtimes snd most of the on the weekends it just relazes everything away i feel. and its no way addicting i had to quit for a job for like 1 1/2 month and i didnt freak out or anything. The govrnment should just legilze it no one gets hurt from smoking it.
- —Guest smoker
evaluate pros cons
- I don't understand why a naturally-occuring drug is illegal, when other forms of smoke (cigarettes & cigars) are legal. Cigarettes cause nearly as many side-effects as marijuana, yet they are legal. Why? Marijuana has been made legal in some states for medicinal use. Doesn't that say something? Show me a medicinal use for cigarettes! To put someone in prison for growing their own pot is totally rediculous, in my opinion. I've known of cases where pot users or growers have spent more time locked up than murderers! What's wrong with this picture. If side-effects are an issue, have you read the side-effects of prescription drugs lately? One of my prescription drugs says may cause death! How in the world did that one pass inspection!? Next, why is pot illegal when booze is still legal? How many car wrecks occur while people are drunk, versus while high? Law-makers must ignore the facts. If money is an issue, why not tax pot like they do cigarettes or booze? Beats me!!!
- —Guest guestkdr
- Anyone can go to the doctor and get perscription drugs to get them high,or go to a club or pub and get drunk.Anyone can walk the streets and get whatever harmfull drugs they disire.I have been doing alot of study on the effects of alcohol,illicit drugs and pescribed drugs and the results are astonishing.Wake up and smell the sweet scent government.Get this crap out of our supermarkets,off our streets and out of YOUR pockets and let us harmless marijuana uses have some freedom.Hows about banning beer brewing kits or stopping perscription drugs,or course not,we all have our reasons of needing these things.why is everything we need so expensive, tax this tax that. Too much money in it, the greedy government wouldnt get their share.Like any drug,used wisely or abused we all have the right to what we put in our bodies. We should be able to buy it in the supermarket next to the No Dose and home brewing kits whilst we pick up the groceries. choofa
- —Guest chelle
Love my Green
- I love my green, but can't smoke anymore as of last week due to a upcoming urine test for a new job & then ongoing random urine test. I wish the government would legalise it, i personally function better on it as my mind is scrambled straight & it helps slow me down as i am very hypo.
- —Guest Nafe
- I have been a pot smoker for many many years,I have been perscribed numerous medications for cronic pain and depression,to no avail.When i have pot I can relax muscle and mind and have a much better perspective,I think it should be legalised and alot of alcohol should be banned,legalising pot would save alot of stuffing around for police,who have better things to do like catching rel criminals.99.9% of the smokers I know never drive while bent and sit and home or with friends keeping to themselves and out of trouble,but I know alot of idiots that drink and drive or drink and couse trouble.dont abuse a natural herbal drug
- —Guest chelle
- I believe when used in moderation marijuana isn't a big deal to smoke on. Sure smoking it can probably cause some coughing problems but not anything serious enough to kill you. I mean look at the statistics! Most of the people killed in a car wreck are either drunk or were hit by a drunk driver. Never have I heard of a person murdering someone while high. Our government doesn't allow it because their ignorant to know anything concrete about it. Besides it's not like it's not accessible so stop bitching about making weed legal. I have arthritis, servere anxiety and depression. Previously to using marijuana I was put on Lexapro which only made me worse. I tried giving up weed to follow the doctors order only to find that weed was the better option. I suppose it depends on your body, mental state, and maturity to desicfer whether or not weed is for you. But seriously just keep the peace.
- —Guest Someone with a serious opinion
- Im currently a full time student in college and also have a full time job. I smoke maybe once a day when I get home (if im not doing homework) just to relax and help me sleep. I also have ADHD and was on meds for the longest time. They made me depressed and wanting to kill myself and I couldnt eat at all I was 15 and weighed 75 lbs. When I was about 15 I tried Marijuana and it cured my symptoms it calmed me down so I could actually focus and didn't make me suicidal or ruin my apetite. I am now 19 and 170lbs. For people to just talk about marijuana as if it is some awefull drug like crack is absurd. In closing marijuana is a drug that in moderation like many things can have bad side effects (porinaya, elevated heart rate, hunger) but that doesn't mean its bad. p.s. Alchahol is worse and that shit is legal
- —Guest am i alone here
- i am 19 and started using marijuana on and off when i was 14. around 2 years ago i started smoking regulary (every day) and i have not experienced any negative side effects other than maybe getting the munchies a time or two. my breathing is fine and i have no trouble with memory. My coordination is even better when i am high, in fact i have driven dozens of times while high and have never caused a wreck. marijuana isn't bad at all if used in moderation just like all other things. the government wants you to beleive it's bad because they can't control it or tax it. For someone to tell me what i can or can't put in my own body is BS and for them to put people in prison for years over a plant is ridiculous. i have no trouble saying no to it and feel no symptoms of addiction. I graduated high school with honors and am now enrolled at a great college (GO IU!). marijuana is bad = government lies. period
- —Guest why the hell was i busted
Weed is not a drug
- Iv been a smoker for years and has not had a negative effect on me what so ever. College grad and now have a good job. Some people after work like to drink a beer to relax but I like to smoke a blunt to relax. Think about it this way, would you rather get in a car with someone who is drunk or high??
- —Guest Yourmom101
Getting sick of this....
- I have been smokin for 18 years. Used all this time to mask some childhood pain. In this time I've gotten married, had 3 kids, launched a beautiful and successful career. But pot was always holding me back. Sometimes hard to get motivated on new tasks. I am ready to quit but the problem now is that whenever I stop I get suicidally depressed, extremely angry, and I feel the whole world is coming apart. I will try to slowly wean myself off again. I love this drug, but I'm really getting sick of this....
- —Guest Some guy here
It's my body
- How is somebody going to tell me what I can or can't put in my body? That's the real problem in today's society. What you do and put in your own body is your business and others you stay out of it. Marijuana being illegal is absolutely outrageous.
- —Guest I love pot
Get high to get by
- Growing up I always had a bad temper and was on a violent path bt since I was 12 I've been smoking and I started to calm and control my temper. I also was in a car accident I was the passenger lol and had a pinch nerve and nw get medical weed and it helps more than any other med I've taken so with out gettin high I would be angry and in pain. So I get high to get by
- —Guest Zelda
It has affected it beautifully! :)
- I have been smoking for over 18 years and started when I was 16. How it affects you depends on how long you have used it. In the beginning, I did have munchies, get the giggles, etc but within a year those side effects are nonexistant. The health problems people develop is because the average smoker also smokes cigarettes or added other drugs to their joints. Smoking has actually helped with my ADD because it slows my mind down and I can focus. Sober, I am completely scatter brain. @lostyoursontopot, I hate to say it but it was not the weed that killed his motivation, it was the birds of a feather syndrome. All of my friends who are regular smokers have prominent positions with their jobs and smoke AFTER work. Although, I will admit to working under the influence and been able to perform better doing so. No one body is the same which is why some people can smoke cigarettes for years and NOT get cancer. As yourself why we have cannabinoid recpectors in the brain, hmm. Think about it.
- —Guest Smokerforlife
Pots safer than drinking
- The world would be a safer place if more people smoked or ate weed in stead of drinking alcohol go to a party where alcohol is been served sooner or later there,s gone to be trouble where,s if you go to one where weed is there,s no trouble at all it's all about moderation addiction is all in your head I've smoked weed on an off for 20 years got a wife 5 kids a house an loving life so all the so called people who say weed is bad try it if you don't like it then don't do it but don't tell me that I'm a criminal because I use it the biggest criminals are running the country getting backhanders from tobacco companies free the weed
- —Guest Ray
If this is true... how is that true???
- Did you know that marijuana kills lung, breast, and leukemia cancer cells? the US government has known since 1974. The research was funded by the National Institute of Health, but it was immediately stopped because the National Institute of Health is only interested in finding the negative aspects of marijuana use. Not only does marijuana kill cancer cells, it restores homeostasis to our bodies. Every aspect of health relies on homeostasis. So if you know someone with cancer, diabetes, HIV, Alzheimers, GI disorders( Crohn's..etc), MS, arthritis, depression, obesity, hepatitis, sleep apnea, MRSA, ALS, the best medicine can come from a houseplant that you can't have. Too bad we can't legalize marijuana because, as Hillary Clinton said, "There's just too much money in it".
- —Guest Missy