"marijuana" is extremely dangerous
- Marijuana is a Mexican slang word for the cannabis plant. It was introduced to our language by crafty politicians who worked for oil, paper, and chemical interests. No one has ever died as a direct result of it in over 6,000 yrs of recorded use. Yes, it is extremely dangerous to big money: pharma, textiles, oil, plastic, lumber, paper, prisons, etc. If you are tired of millions of unnecessary deaths, then open your mind and vote for legalization of the entire plant.
- —Guest nourhistory
Responibility is key
- Some alcohol in moderation is good for the body. Women in particular who drink a glass of wine a day improve their heart and lower their chance of breast cancer. Beer helps flush the kidneys and bladder preventing some infections. BUT overdoing it or becoming consumed by it it is not good. Marijuana not only helps some physical conditions but your mind as well. Not your memory. But marijuana is a temporary escape from reality, a relaxation period, can help focus and discover subconscious thoughts or feelings, it can be a form of therapy. The fact that its illegal is really the biggest downfall. Any form of relaxation is not worth losing your job, life, freedom, or family over. BUT if it were to be made illegal i do believe this world would be a better place. and thats not even considering economically with the jobs that would be created. Its the fact that marijuana is illegal that presents more of a problem than anything. There are responsible stoners out there who deserve the break.
- —Guest Resposible Stoner
MJ rules and regs
- Can't balance my checkbook but I learned skate at 45. Rollerblade, ripstik. Great exercise afterwork. But wouldn't do it if not for mj. I would just sit on the couch and get fat. It is medicine and all those that have problems are overdosing. Don't fool yourself. Get the good stuff. Smoke less enjoy more. I f'd up without it. I f'd up with it Lost jobs, money & friends before. More careful with it. MJ is my friend but moderation is the key. There is a difference between use and abuse. A glass of wine a day is use. A bottle a day is abuse. Same with MJ. If you have to smoke then you might have a problem. I went to a concert in upstate NY. Dickie Betts band rocked the house. We smoked with the band on stage and after the show. MJ was the key to back stage. Don't remember if mr b partook. But it was cool hangin w/ the band. Nobody believed us. MJ can make a good time great. But if you can't put it down, you gots a problem.
- —Guest No pun intended
smoke is bad, mkay
- inhaling anything is bad for our health. I avoided chemicals in plastic baggies, cigs, and finally succumbed to the cool crowd with pot. I've smoked chronically for 15 years and have the respiratory problems to prove it. Let me reiterate, inhaling ANYTHING is bad for your health (to take it to the extreme, the act of aging is the oxidization of your cells; guess where that comes from . . . OXEGEN!) Inhale the things you need, leave the rest out. If you want to say pot does not affect your health, stick to edibles, because the idea that inhaling any type of carcinogen and it not being a detriment to your health is a joke.
- —Guest practical
You have a problem...
- If you'd lie to a loved one about it If you'd fight to the point of divorce or separation to be able to do it If you'd do it while at work If you'd do it while taking care of your kids If you'd do it when other peoples' children were around If you'd throw a fit because someone said they thought you might have a problem If you'd sneak around to do it If you'd risk everything for the chance Get over it...even if its not chemically addicting (which it hasnt been proven to be or not to be) there are plenty of reasons not to do it...if you choose to do it so be it. I'm just tired of hearing all about how GREAT pot culture is. Its pathetic and most people DO take it to one or more of those extremes so your argument is moot. If its such a peace-producing, love-centric activity, why do you risk losing friends and loved ones and risk fights and harsh words over such a pathetic thing. Stress is a copout, grow up and handle your business.
- —Guest Reality Check
Its a plant
- Hello, I'm a 16 year old who is a straight A student and a varsity athlete, but I also smoke maryjuana and grow it with my bestfriend. One who eats up the medias lies about maryjuana would have trouble believing that. SPOILER ALERT! It's an all natural plant. Every year countless people are killed or their bodies are being eaten away and killed slowly by alcohol but it's completely legal. Maryjuana inspires some of the best musicians in history and motivates the greatest artists in the world but it's illegal, why, because companys like Medicare will go out of business? Maryjuana has been proven to help prevent and fight against illnesses like cancer, diabetes, parkinsons, ADD, and MS but it's illegal because companys like Medicare will go put of business because no one would have to use insurance money to pay for petty antibiotics and other pills with one miracle drug available to help numerous illnesses. Tobacco in cigerettes is factory processed with hundreds of different chemicals
- —Guest Fellow stoner
its not good for you
- i have smoked on and off from frequently to occasionally for 17 years. i hold a blue collar job, im no genius but im also not retarded. Even though i am a user i find it hard to be an advocate for this drug. i believe that there is no possible way that using grass is good for you unless it is medicine. the recreational use of weed may not be all that bad for you, but it definitely will not be good for you. it is a drug and like other drugs, it will have negative physical and psychological effects on your health. its 2011 people, the flowerchild generation was 40-50 years ago, grow up and set a good example for the next generation. also kids...... if you buy your dope then there is a good chance it's laced with some other drug as well.
- —Guest smoked enough
- Yeah, my STBX smokes weed daily. It's great. I love dealing with his irresponsibility, the dealers coming to my house, the lack of food (because he eats it all when he's stoned), and the constant fear that he's going to get busted...again. Yep, that level of selfishness is just SPANKING.
- —Guest anonymous
- Why are cigarettes and other tobacco products legal when they have no medicinal value? And I'm sure most people who have tried crack have also drank alcohol, does that make alcohol a gateway drug? I just want to live in a world where I can smoke some weed and play guitar or hang out with friends without getting arrested. If anything, alcohol should be illegal. Makes people uncontrollable and sick. Marijuana, on the contrary is a medicine. Hmmmmm. Confusing. Btw I'm a 17 year old HS senior.
- —Guest Confused
- i think its good in the short term but after a while u find urself not talking as much (not always a bad thing) and ppl can deff tell a diff in your overall character (agaiin not always a bad thing) but, do kno u may be changed because it seems very harmless and youll prob continue to do it like me :)
- —Guest J
comment for Guest weed lover
- Hey Stoner, you might have made your point ....had you not said " Cancer has actually been proven to be beneficial"
- —Guest stoner
They got it all wrong
- I've been smoking for years now, and though i don't smoke every day I know many people that do. None of these people has ever suffered from any signs of "addiction". There is no proof that weed is harmful to one's health, and people that have suffered from throat or lung cancer who claim to have smoked weed regularly forget that there are other factors that can increase your risk of cancer. Cancer has actually been proven to be beneficial in a number of ways, such as slowing the rate of cancer cell growth, and the development of diseases like glaucoma. People who label weed a "drug" are grouping it with dangerous, highly addictive substances such as heroin or cocaine. In the words of Katt Williams, "it's just a plant. And if you happen to set it on fire, there are some effects." Smoke on, my friends
- —Guest Weed smoker
I love weed but it doesnt love me
- Hi to all who read. I am a 23 year old female "pot head". I have been smoking strictly marijuana for 5years. I love the high, the bonding with friends during the hour smoke sessions, and the laughing thats comes along. I would say there is a joy to my marijuana use. My boyfriend and I love it, but both of us are being destroyed by it. It attacks our minds, body, and health. Call us idiots but even though we are aware its just so hard to give up. What it did to my boyfriend was cannabinoid hypermesies(incorrect spelling but look it up its real stuff). He was hospitalized three times in 1year because of weed. Personally its caused my cilia in my throat to either burn off or its paralyzed because when i cough and spit i have black stuff coming out that looks like dust in spit. I stopped smoking for a month and had the worst withdrawls ever! nightmares, night sweats, irratibility. and depression making me wish i never started smoking in the 1st place. deny til im dead? stop now. Jesushelp
- —Guest jina navas
no not at all
- herb has never hurt anyone and it hasnt hurt me at all you can beleive what you want but i have smoked almost everyday for about 3 years and havent died or overdosed or any of the above
- —Guest budtactic420
Stay High, Friends
- I have been smoking weed for.. years. A very long time. To be honest I don't care about my health because I rip tobacco poppers, and that is going to kill me. But pot is good for you, smoking out of a vaporizer filters out all of the other chemicals in weed, except THC. That's all you need to get high. I have goals and a job and i'm not stupid, but rather chink eyed. The only problem is i'm getting fat because of the munchies, but that's fairly easy to control. Smoke on.
- —Guest Name Me