alchool = gateway drug...learn about pot
- i'm in my early 30s. tried smoking weed in the 6th grade(after alcohol btw). stopped for awhile in my early20s, just got sick of it - which i viewed it a good thing that i was no longer a "drug" user. in my mid-20s i graduated grad school and started on my career. around this time i allowed myself a smoke here and there for fun and have since used it to unwind after a stressful day at work. let me tell you it's great. so much better than going to the bar and killing your liver and brain -research the harmful effects of alcohol vs. pot and you'll be amazed at how much worse alcohol is. this site is totally bias btw. how can one think a processed TCH pill is better!? weed is organic and no one has ever overdosed from it...as a kid i went from alcohol to weed and other drugs. i do remember my rational was that i'm told in school "drugs" are bad, yet I have seen there's not much wrong with weed, so let's try other things...classifying pot with other drugs is wrong - focus on the facts!
- —Guest alchool = gateway drug..not weed
- So i started smoking when i was 14 my friends think its stupid but it makes me think more nd clears my mind like i can have such an intresting convo about stuff i normally wouldnt talk about...people discriminate but they never tried it and dont really know anything about it like you should really try it pot is jus not one bit harmful no matter what others say..i think it should be legalized every where and they should use it to cure depression anxiety and even cancer it has the potential to cure cancer if they just would so like i said try it if its not for you its not for you..im 17 and i smoke everyday and keep my grades up its not going to burn your brain cells up like everyone says! Peace out keep it 420
- —Guest huntsman
If its not for you, dont do it.
- I first smoked at the age of 12. I didn't get high the first few times. One time I smoked with friends at 13 years old and when it hit me, it was a lot to handle. I didn't know how to calm myself down, then I just stopped freaking out. I thought my mom was going to find out, which she later did, but it was a good feeling after the inital freakout. I smoked, sold, grew, all thru my teen years. Got in trouble with it a couple of times, came close about 10 times. I went thru pretrial diversion program, I.e. youth drug treatment program. I had to pay fines, get drug tested every week, it took about a year. my record was clean after that. they exponged my rap sheet. smoked a few times here and there after but gave it up for a year then wanted to join the USMC when I was 22. since my charges were expunged, they couldn't let me in because they need paperwork with exact details. now I smoke again
- —Guest nola-guy
Weed is great!
- Although I know marijuana is not right for everyone, I'll start by saying it IS right for me. I started smoking weed in my freshman year of high school and am now in my junior year. I have been a straight A student all my life and still am, regardless of my marijuana use. I generally smoke about once a week, sometimes more. Marijuana has helped me to have deep and insightful thought, helping me to become a better person. I can say that if not for marijuana, I never would have discovered what a great guy my brother is, and I am very close with him now. I became much closer with him once I started smoking weed with him. In addition to all this, it feels great and helps me to relax and enjoy life, and helps me to see things from a different perspective! All in all, I recommend trying it, and if it's not for you, it's not for you and that's that.
- —Guest LegalizePlease!
- I'm a newbee just started this year. and i smoke in moderation, like once a week, possibly less. I never intended on trying it but im a pretty chill person, and my buddy realy dint want to try it it alone so i did. i triped hard and honestly had the funnest time ever. after that i realized how good it makes u feel. if your ever bored or alone or sad or dont wanna worry about your stuff, puff up and just let your self relax and have fun. i also learned why hack is so fun, and me and my buddies have had some mind blowing conversations. i dont realy drink so in money perspective im not spending anymore then i would if i got wasted at partys every weekend. i havent found anything wrong with it yet and i have no regrets. i just whish some of my friends who are soo against it would just try it once, just to see what its like. its not a need but its fun, i mean im not addicted. if im out im out, i dont crap my pants cause i dont have anny. bottom line weed good, you tr.me no proof read
- —Guest dope
From 16 to 60 Yrs old.
- Smoking pot has got me thru life. I was at 16 a mess. Made bad decisions, ended up pregnant. Then I was introduced to pot. Wow it changed my life, I became more responsible, cared more, thought out things before i did them. Cleared my sinus problems, I payed more attention to things around me. Yes pot is a good thing when used properly. In moderation, helped with depression, and anxiety. I truely believe used in the proper way it is better than having to take so much medication that is extremely addictive, such as anxiety drugs,called benzos. Tylanol, dont take, very hard on liver. But have to take hydrocone for pain.
- —Guest cinderella
dont try it ! i havent but i did reasch!
- dont do it not good and the reasch was on marijuana some people feel nothing when smokeing marijuana other may feel relaxed or high some thimes it marijuana makes people feel thirsty and very hungry it is an effect called munchies some users can get bad effects from marijuana thay may suffer sudden feelings so dont do marijuana
- —Guest marana
- This article is B.S. Half on the stuff on there is incorrect and misleading.
- —Guest C-tx
Weed unfortunately = expand your mind
- I started vaporizing and sublingually consuming marijuana while attending my engineering school. It put me in a state of mind where I could identify with people more easily. I ended up becoming far more of a hippie and am now very against war. I really want to help other people with inventions, but I'm afraid of developing any new technology because it might get weaponized. For this reason I've been having problems finding a job as an engineer. Everyone has their hands in weapons development and I just can't put up the possibility of my work contributing to blowing up anyone else in any way. Damn you pot! Why do you make me want to live a responsible meaningful life? I strongly advice against marijuana use. I am very serious about this. I have no idea what I'm going to do now in terms of a career. I understand that empathizing with others is supposed to be the epitome of human development, but it's posing too many practical problems.
- —Guest greengineer
God's Good Green
- Marijuana is great for SWIM. It makes him understand and see things he wouldn't normally be able to understand. He can go into zen like states where his activity becomes his only thought. Marijuana brings out SWIM's higher self, his spiritual presence. SWIM knows that its only illegal because in the USA they don't want SWIM asking questions, or figuring things out.
- —Guest desoxyn242
It was up to me.
- I started smoking at the age of 14 due to peer pressure. I stopped for 9 months then picked it up in the summer. I'm now 16 and it smoke just about everyday and i cant believe im saying that. I was completley against it and when i smoke im all about it. Though when i quit, i realize how dumb i was for doing it, I DON'T WANT TO BE A POT HEAD! then i smoke a joint. i cant figure out anything..... i feel like the right thing for me to do is stop , because i know i can, but why stop if it isnt a bad thing ? I cant do this. I need help :(
- —Guest Rachel
cant believe I quit
- I was smoking since 13 recently quit at 19 because of emotional issues .I had thought these were because of weed , fortunately not rather it was family issue's. Granted it took the absence of weed for me to see that I am now 10 months clean and would love to say that am no different without weed but I can't .....it has been noted by my therapist counselor and drug counselor aswell as the pepole around me that my mood attitude and concentration have all decreased the worst description I was given was when a friend said I was reverting to a 13 year old me. Being heavily suicidal at the age this was hard to hear however now even those who were "worried" about my smoking which I still did because the can see how it helped me. My reason for posting is simply to show that it helps FACT and to show that pepole defence of it isn't because there being influenced by it like I said 10 months clean and I can still say IT HELPED
- —Guest regulate it
smoking weed saved my life.
- I started using marijuana around the age of 14 and before i started smoking i was severely depressed and suicidal, every day was torture and i couldn't find a reason to live. one day at school some one offered to smoke a couple bowls after school, luckily i said yes and went and got really fried. immediately i felt a difference in my mood and behavior, i actually felt happy for the first time in years. it opened up my mind and helped me concentrate better. my marks in school started going up and the more i smoked the more friends i made. eventually my mom searched my room and found my pipe and a couple grams of pot, my family is extremely religious and as soon as they figured out i blazed they disowned me kicked me out and i lost them forever but at the moment i felt worse about loosing my weed. smoking pot didn't magically solve all my problems but it cured my depression and gave me a reason to live, iv been smoking for 4 years and i still havent found one negative effect from weed.
- —Guest ganja
After 14 years, no.
- I first smoked pot when I was 16. I started regularly smoking it when I was 18. On average I'd smoke 2 joints a night, and a bit more with friends occasionally. I did this for 14 years and stopped a month ago because my first child is on the way. I don't feel it would have had any effect on my ability to bring up my child, but decided it was about time I stopped smoking in general. I have a good degree, and run my own business which has been going for over 10 years now. I consider myself responsible, conscientious and intelligent. Smoking pot for 14 years has not had any influence on who I am or what I've done. Drugs like pot and alcohol can be damaging but only if the individual allows them to be. We all have control over our own lives. Pot is certainly less damaging than alcohol. It's not right for everyone, but I see no reason why those who want it shouldn't be allowed to get it legally and safely.
- —Guest Scarrott
Not for everybody!!!
- I'm twenty eight now...started smoking cannabis when I was fourteen, which is the same time I picked up cigarettes. As soon as I heard that Cali had legalized medicinal use, I started researching. As a teenager I had low self-esteem and suffered from mild to moderate depression due to abuse as a child. I started smoking, occasionally at first, I noticed a complete 180 in multiple aspects of my life. I was happy, more outgoing, sleeping tons better, significantly less chronic pain in my knee (osgood slaughters disease in my right knee at 14), and paid better attention in school which left for better grades. I now use cannabis daily for depression, insomnia, chronic pain (still the knee and now a herniated disc in my low back), and appetite among other things. It is therapeutic and helpful in the medical field, but it isn't for everybody. Some people react negatively to it, as is the same with all medications. This site is far from factual and is in serious need of updating!
- —Guest Subnoize Psychopath