Once in awhile
- Starting smoking about 2 years ago, I started by saying, "only once in awhile." This turned into eveyday kind of thing. Throughout most of the day. Smoking weed for some people it's next to impossible to learn new things, and stay on task and work. I have adhd, and ever since I started beginning the main reason I smoke is because I have adhd. It relaxes me and keeps me focused. But when the money starts running out and theres no way to get lifted/high I get mood swings. This is a drug, and shouldn't be abused. I'm 18 turning 19, and weed is probs the best thing i've ever found in my life. It sounds bad, but I was a really bad kid before I started blazing. I'm confident that this "drug" saves and benifits for some people, a lot of people. If you're just doing it to be cool, or get away from life situations, just talk to someone. I use it because it benifits for me :D.
- —Guest Daulton
Stuff to Say
- Okay so let me get this straight we will basically die if we smoke marijuana. Guess what we are dying everyday. I believe it is not recommended to smoke pot, but I do not believe that people should force people to quit doing something. It is their option and yes marijuana might have some bad effects, but so does every other drug out there. Overuse of anything can be harmful even a simple vitamin like vitamin c. Also, smoking marijuana isn't as harmful as drinking alcohol . So, I personally believe marijuana can actually help people as long as its not overused.
- —Guest rainbow99
Marijuana is a cover up for personal pro
- I have recently stopped smoking marijuana because of pregnancy. When I started I was about 13 it wasn't that bad until i got into highschool I would smoke everyday, everytime I decide to go to a party, football game I had to get high. Then I start discovering some problems in my life which made me want to smoke. It was the only thing that could calm me down and not think about those problems. Yes I can say I used marijuana to hide my personal problems. Itdid have some negative affects on me such as: loss of memory, irritable, couldn't eat unless I smoked, loss of weight, and slow reactions. IRS
- —Guest Dugassie
- My family line is of addicts and deaths because of over abuse. I didn't start using till after I turned 18, it was hidden and on low key. After having accidents and coping through abuse mentally emotional psychological sexual.. I hated taken pills bc of the side effects and tired of running in and out of the er due to body injuries from car accidents (none of which I was under the influence). I have been dealing with mood swings and anxiety and depression way before I bagan smoking and I started smoking to self medicate. In between then (18) nd now (25) my use had become regular 3xs a day nd withdrawal when I couldn't get my hit. I have had 2 close calls when smoking weed and not knowing it had been potentially laced nd been sick nd blacking out... My bestie even having to clean me up sick. I love smoking weed, I prefer weed over cigs which I felt myself getting addicted to and stopped and pills.. But I find I was over using nd even abusing. Now dealing w the withdraw & family's sham
- —Guest Lovepies2
- aint nothing wrong with smoking weed, you guys keep saying that you want to stop but cant? there is no chemichal in weed that will make it uncapable for you to quit smoking . get a grip and smoke a blunt. bet you'll feel better .
- —Guest memphiscush
you have to be in control
- I im 26 and smoke most everyday, and have been since high school it boils down to personal responsibility. Yes there are some minor risks, but no more than a person who comes home drinks a beer and smokes a cig. I smoke a bowl or two to unwind and dont have any problem, im healthy as a horse, have a great job and family. The weed is not the problem...its the lack of responsibility that will mess your life up. If your addicted to any thing from eating drywall to picking scabs(my strange addiction lol) you are going to have problems in life. The legality issue is laughable, and solely political. Burn if you want, but take care of your responsibilities first.
- —Guest treyk
Trying to quit ...
- I have read all the withdrawal Symptoms , and i am trying to quit and it is hard I am an everyday user I am experiencing these symptoms like insomnia depression (mood swingy I go from happy to sad to angry) anxiety shakes dizziness and Also waking up sweating , I've been using marijuanna since I was about 12yrs of age , it stablizes my mood it's very hard I am also taking part in counseling As I am badly addicted ,
- —Guest Annonomous
- I've smoked since I was about 13, I'm 25 now an have never noticed any ill effect. Until recently, I've been smoking everyday for a year now 2~4 times a day.I've had to quit this past week for a job an its been a pain! Mostly I'm just nauseous ; before I eat, after I eat, while I'm eating. I don't seem to have a problem being around it an I don't have an unyielding desire to smoke, I can just see me smoking to calm my stomach. However there truly are more important things in my life so wish me luck. Oh and after I get this job I will resume smoking :)
- —Guest avid smoker
- My question is,can they find nicotine or tar in my urine by smoking weed? I'm due to take a urine test for cigerettes,but I smoke hella weed,do I have to stop both to pass the test?
- —Guest C.jr.
- Just had to chime in on your list of things to never say to an mj smoker. The list was decent, but the explanations written from the perspective of a 15-year-old kid were all condescending and self-serving. Yes, I smoke weed. That doesn't mean I'm an idiot, a child, or undeserving of a minimum amount of human respect.
- I smoke sometimes but not on a regular basis, it helps me calm down, I suffer from anxiety and I prefer to smoke than taking pills, but I have a friend that smokes more than 10 a day and I don't know what to do to help him; he doesn't think he has a problem, and I know it is an addiction when you smoke that much.
Haven't seen any side effects
- I've been smoking for a year now and i find that Marijuana has only increased my imagination and creativity. I used to have none of that then I smoked a joint and it unlocked that gate and let all of that out. As for it slows down your reaction i find it is false for me anyways, i drive high sometimes (not recommended) but i find my senses sky rocket: I'm more alert, I'm way more focused on the road. Yeah it is really pricey just for a good gram. Other than that i dont really see anything wrong other than it slows some peoples reaction and inability to learn.
- —Guest Charles
weed: cancer + addiction
- Weed isn't addictive on its own, you can stop at any given time without having the impulsive feeling of needing it. People get "addicted" to it because it makes them fell better, not because the body gets used to it and then needs it. If you stop you wont get sick or anything, you'll feel rather indifferent. Another thing, WEED DOES NOT GIVE YOU CANCER, it actually does the exact opposite of that, since multiple tests have PROVEN that cannabis kills 100% of the cancer cells in the body by making the cancer cells kill themselves (if you want more details, look it up). That's pretty much why this page says that the tests made to prove that weed GIVES you cancer have not been verified, that it's just a superstition, a belief, not fact. Other than that this page is pretty accurate.
- —Guest guy
Its really hard to give up
- In my case, it is much longer-I started first time when I was 12 n smoked up to 4 times per month for about 2 years. I started increasing the amount of smoked weed, n when I was 14-15 it was already 3-4 times per week. When I was 18, I basically started smoking every day - I also moved to England and straightly got to know people who had similar habits as me. Additionally, in England I had much easier to get n bigger amounts. Now Im 23 n I smoked for last 3-4 years like about 3-4 joints daily. Im lucky, Im able to get that much money but it really takes all my earning. I experienced so hard to save anything especially that Im student. I had all the symptoms which has been mentioned by people in different stages of smoking. I started reducing but the biggest fear is that I may lose motivation, especially that Im on last year in college and so far I had 10 out 12 dis and got place in Uni at 3rd place in UK. I experience now: sweetness(a lot), anxiety n feel sick all the time. Hard times.
- —Guest Adam UK
People here are ignorant
- I am 18. I have recently slowed down and even stopped my Marijuana use. I have habitually (almost everyday) used Marijuana. I wanted to comment in response to all of the people that say that Lies are being spread on this page about the negative effects of Marijuana. I am not trying to say that I don't agree with occasional Marijuana use and I do believe that it should be legalized. I do however, know that everything on this page is correct. Smoking almost everyday for four years of my life, I experienced many times, each of the side effects that have been explained. On several occasions, I have experienced situations in which I was asking people to take me to the hospital because of my heart rate and fear of heart failure. I have experienced anxiety, lowered scores in school, loss of friends and many other things. Also, if you notice which comments are poorly written, you will see the connection. People need to stop being ignorant and accept that Marijuana can be harmful too.
- —Guest Seejay