Forced to Quit....Kill me now.
- I'm 50 y/o female.Part-time smoker starting@17.Both parents alcoholics,so while most in hs were drinking beer,I tried pot.Became daily smoker@about 20 years old.Totally loved smoking weed.At 38,went back to school for RN.Straight A student in nursing school,graduated with honors.Went to work as ICU RN.In three years working in the ICU,never had a med error,never written.After leaving the ICU,got a job in O.R.Still smoking daily.Never a med error or any write up in Surgery. After six years in the O.R.,went to a party with a band made up of surgical residents.Smoked a blunt with band members,was seen & someone tattled & was only one punished, drug tested & fired after 18 years in that hospital,without second chance or offered treatment.Was forthright with next hospital I worked @passed drug test, tattled on again,tested&fired again.So now,not wkg,broke & nursing license suspended for 1 yr.Seem fair to u?Name published in newspaper & why.Devasted & want it more than ever. Thanks, jerk
- —Guest So Sad
- 4 year user, biology major start medschool this next year! Expanded my mind, helps with my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) , more creative in every single thing you do, I do mad electro music too. I just hate the laziness and the memory struggle because of daily use, and the unending munchies. I love it though but moderation should be next step after I quite for a while
- —Guest Endoandre
43 years experience
- I first smoked Hashish at the age of 17 in 1969. I am now 60 and continue to smoke good pot when it's available and I'm in the mood. It's a wonderful addition to any special music concert. 48 years experience and 99% positive reviews. Still in better health than most 20 year olds, due to vigorous physical exercise on a religious basis. Marijuana, like life, is what you make it.
- —Guest Doobie Gillis
Moderation & Common Sense
- Please read the responses here carefully. Notice a trend? Most of the people boasting about how they smoke from dawn til dusk sound like complete morons. I've smoked weed on and off for 10 years now, but it shouldn't be an everyday activity. When you blaze all day every day, you forget what its like to be clear headed. Slowly but surely, your standards begin to lower, and fall into a perpetual state of mediocrity. Don’t be stupid about it, just enjoy with moderation.
- —Guest Gingersnap
- i honestly can,t wake up with out knowing that i have a least one pot brownie other wise i will be sick all day pot is saving my life
- —Guest 1pot
- Before the age of 15 I was a very poor student, unruly, rebelious, and had a self-esteem issues, I was even ko kicked out of my high school freshman year for my horrible behavior! Then, when I turned 15 I was offered a joint, I secretly smoked it but the effects were loud and clear. My behavior changed dramaticaly! It was life changing, spiritualy awakening. Within the first week of daily use, my self esteem issues were gone, I was suddenly smart in school and straight A atudent, my rebelious behavior stopped and became a model child! Agreeable, happy, cooperative, helpful. I joined R.O.T.C in school and was promoted to a very high rank within three months. Within the first six months, I lost 20 lbs. Self esteem was off the roof, was a model student, was a model daughter (being 15 to begin with is a very difficult age to be in). As time went by, my behavior, grades and social life became prime! Graduated with honors, got a scholarship, got my mba in kinisiology. Thanks Pot!
- —Guest Happy mom
its fine if you dont get caught
- I love smoking bud, i live in the uk and i've smoked it maybe 4 years? There's no health risks no matter what people say, no ones ever died from it. Makes you think more clearly and have deeper thoughts. And it's fun being stoned. There's no risk if you don't get caught.
- —Guest James
This does not affect you!
- With my experiences of smoking weed, i would say that it doesn not affect you! it's only when you include the stalk of this leaf with a fat DOOBY then you get a problem. you get memorie loss etc but if you smoke non-chemiclly sprade substances the you will not have a long term affect
- —Guest tom
Inacurate and irresponsible
- This article is full of commonly held misconceptions about marijuana and lacks balance as well as citations of the newest research. Very poor quality, low research and cliche. F
- —Guest bob
I smoke weed
- I'm 15 I smoke weed almost every day I started when I was 11 I have been forced to quit for short to long periods of time and beside trouble sleeping and small lose of apatite, which only lasted for two weeks I have no other withdrawals or problems other than running for long periods of time is difficult but not impossible
- —Guest Gavin
- Just like to say that it's all well and good to smoke occasionally, and those that think it has no effects health wise are sadly mistaken. My partner is 21 and has been smoking since 13. He became a heavy everyday user at 15. He dropped out if school, started stealing and ripping people off. Yous don't understand the abuse I have been subjected to due his 'habit'. I get abused every morning when he wakes up and hasn't had a cone. I got whacked in the side of the head from him for the first time in the 4 years I've been with him, because he was trying to kill my dog and I pulled him off. He hadn't had cones since the morning and got ripped off by the butcher. He doesn't have a job, he sleeps till the afternoon most days and wakes up and goes to his friends house to scab cones. hes slso tried to stab his own father. Marijuana withdrawals are dangerous and scary for the people around them.
- —Guest Jamie
Dont do it
- although some people like it, you may not, i am one who doesnt, and I no longer feel alive and real dont do it, I now feel like life is a game :(
- —Guest Heyheyhey
- Bin. Smoke for 64 years trying to get med weed now. Still so. Hard. It can really help people. That. Need it. Just think the money the government would. Make. No. Brains. At. All think. Love it and it helps me a lot Nj
- —Guest Z man
- Smoking non stop since 1966. I'm 60 next week. It's been great, but now causing motivational problems. I feel old and tired. I am old and tired! Have dropped from 50 hits a day minimum to 3 or 4. Now it's more like a reward than a habit, but hopefully I can "put down" as we used to say. It's my "ace in the hole" to be stronger and more together than the other old farts who can barely move anymore. Feeling stronger, somewhat bummed. But it will be interesting to see life without weed.
- —Guest Olfart
- I used to get really bad nausea, couldn't eat and even when I did it wasn't enough. After smoking I can eat full meals and I'm not as angry as I normally am. Memory and problem solving skills do seem impaired when I smoke too much, but to be totally honest I feel that my recollection of memories become improved, I remember things that apply to whatever situation I'm in from years ago, or things I only learned in a brief time that I thought I had forgotten. If the withdrawal symptoms are as bad is when I don't smoke form a week or two then i can deal with them :)
- —Guest Dylan