People here are ignorant
- I am 18. I have recently slowed down and even stopped my Marijuana use. I have habitually (almost everyday) used Marijuana. I wanted to comment in response to all of the people that say that Lies are being spread on this page about the negative effects of Marijuana. I am not trying to say that I don't agree with occasional Marijuana use and I do believe that it should be legalized. I do however, know that everything on this page is correct. Smoking almost everyday for four years of my life, I experienced many times, each of the side effects that have been explained. On several occasions, I have experienced situations in which I was asking people to take me to the hospital because of my heart rate and fear of heart failure. I have experienced anxiety, lowered scores in school, loss of friends and many other things. Also, if you notice which comments are poorly written, you will see the connection. People need to stop being ignorant and accept that Marijuana can be harmful too.
- —Guest Seejay
- started smoking when i was 14 years old, now 17 years old, and i smoke weed everyday, (before class) whenever i get the chance! luckly my parents do not know of this habit i have which lets me control it. suprisingly when i started getting high for class my grades actually increased, especially in math and history classes, it seems to make more sense when i'm baked. but it really is bad if you're short on money. very expensive. they say cigarettes are bad because of the price, but in reality if you pay 10 bucks for a pack of smokes it might last you a day or 2 depending on how much you smoke, 10 bucks worth of weed will last me 1-2 hours which gets pricy after a while.
- —Guest Nick
- I have a lot of friends that smoke weed from a variety of generations. While I think that you can really be addicted to anything and that marijuana addiction is more akin to food addiction that something like alcohol, I do find that a lot of my friends are in denial about it's ill effects. Yes, short term memory loss, mood swings, insomnia, and irritability. I think these are manageable withdrawal symptoms, but still difficult...kind of like a diet change is difficult or any lifestyle change is difficult. Like anything else, it should be used in moderation. While i'm in full support of legalization and I concur there are many benefits to marijuana use, lets not be in denial here. There are consequences to any over consumption.
- —Guest Guest11077
the effects of smokin mariuania on me
- I have smoked herb since I was 17 years old . lost a baby sister at young age , then a Brother in my 20 ,s ...my Mom in My 40,s and this is the only thing that can let me relaxe and be me , I may smoke 2 joints a day some day,s none . I had inflamatory breast cancer in stage 4 when discovered . chemo 2 years , radition 1 yr. dr. told me to exspect to be in hospit b often because my chem was very strong ( 5 cocktail mix )
- —Guest my way
- I found myself to be unmotivated when I dont smoke at all or when I smoke too much. Once you get that high you're looking for then don't smoke again until you are sober and you should be fine. Although I have seen short term memory loss I have seen short term increase of other aspects of my brain functions like creativity and imagination. When it comes to interacting socially with others though I have had some problems at times
- —Guest hopefull
- I recently have been in the middle of an internql bqttle with myself trying to stop smoking... but have found that it is alot harder than it was for me when i was younger i guess it becane so routine it was like smoking a ciggarette. im quiting because of my dream job come to find out THEY DRUGTEST wasnt in my application. neway ive found that its alot harder than it seems the only way to stop is to hang out with like minded people u cant be around it for the first week to 2 weeks u wont be strong enough n if u can dont go around it at all!!!! its given me clearer thinking and anxiety i honestly do see medicinal purposes such as upset stomach headaches any kinda pain really..... neway thats watsup
- —Guest trying
- Ive been smoking for 3 years daily, i am 15 started at 16 sometimes i smoke like 3 joints a day.Sometimes i just think about smoking all day and i recently starded giving a shit about everything school, rules etc. And i get distracted by any random. I am thinking about leaving it for a while just so i can study and be normal again then when am older ima be back :D
- —Guest my story
rubbish, who is this BLF?
- Still making a ridiculous claim that cannabis smoke is more dangerous than tobacco smoke proves this organization is political, not scientific. I survive brain cancer, smoking every day for over 4 1/2 years.
- —Guest GBM survivor
- Weed definitely can make u lazy.. U smoke a joint and eat a bag of pizza rolls of course you're not gonna want to do anything but watch tv and pass out.. I've smoked weed everyday since junior high it's about priorities.. If u have something important to do that day hold off on your gravity bong until u go home and are going to bed.. If you really think it's affecting your life just try quitting..you're in control
- —Guest Dreadlock rasta
Smokin more in Mo.
- I have smoked for 35 years. At first because I liked the relaxed feeling it gave me. As a matter of fact I started smoking cigarettes to stretch my pot. As I got older I have found my smoking habits have changed. Now I smoke for the pain relief not only the relaxation. I do smoke more pot now that I quit smoking cigarettes. I also do not have that morning cough where you hack up crud like cigarette smoking gives you. I feel healthier now that I quit smoking cigarettes.
- —Guest Smokin Granny
I am not sure
- It has almost been a year since the first time i started smoking weed (mixed with tobacco) and i am almost 22 now, very initially it was great and i laughed a lot. It seemed to be a very good thing to do but later on as i continued to smoke it just pacified me to doing nothing no studying - i have to repeat a year at uni now- and always wanting to smoke a joint to start of the day and to smoke a joint while a movie and to smoke a joint when at the friends and also at a night out. Majority of my friends now are smokers and i don't really see the friends i had before. My problem is that i want to smoke weed but it doesn't make me feel that great anymore, sometimes it depresses and gets me paranoid and makes me have very real and long lasting dejavus and sometimes it makes me think really philosophical for hours that i have to write my thoughts down to get free of it, it does make me feel happy rarely but i think this depends on my mood. I smoked it intensively for a 4/5 months and then
- —Guest Mceren
don't blow my high!
- I'm twenty one, I've been smoking for years..lately when I smoke I've been feeling a weird feeling in my chest, and last night I was driving after just smoking I has a bad panic attach..I almost blacked out. But my cousin told me I need to eat more healthier...I hope nothing serious is going on...
- —Guest Kush slim
Long time smoking
- I've been smoking heavily 24/7 for over 15 years! It's had it's fun and I'd say ran its course about 13 years ago. For me it's like a constant fog or barrier inside my mind that's seperating me from reality. Good before and now it's not fun anymore. Just like cigs or anything else you become concerned with how much pot you have left instead of going about life in reality. Now I have to be high to do anything I do in life. I'm a productive electrician but I have to push myself to go to work or do anything physical. I'd be a fat mess if I didn't have a high metabolism. I use it when I'm angry, stressed, tired, depressed, etc! I'm ready to quit and deal with life on life's terms, learn how to feel normal and learn how to express emotions properly. I'd say once and awhile is ok. I abuse the hell out of it. Constantly smoking when I get a chance. And I know deep down it'll take it's toll eventually.
- —Guest One who knows
in grad and actually performing better
- Honestly, I have been smoking for about 2 years but seriously for about 4 months and I am actually much more relaxed considering I am borderline ADHD. I am a graduate student and I handle my business. I make sure I am right for class and if I have a performance with the band. I have limited my smoking to usually 3 or 4 times a week. mostly weekends. once at max twice during the week. I have an occasional cough but nothin to serious. I'm cooling it. Its a chill vibe. Just make to smoke at night or if you have nothing during the day.
- —Guest successful man
on da fence
- I have been smoking for about 6 years now. I'm cool I just get a little paranoid by all the info iv been reading. Something about schitzophrenia in the long run. The brain is a terrable thing to waste. I'm an artist. I love weed. It calms me down and helps me forgive easier actually,like I care less about emotional pain. I used to smoke about 11 blunts a day and lost a whole lotta weight. Now I smoke about two blunts a day and I got my body back but I'm thinking of taking that first advice and buying vaporizer for the sake of my lungs. But I loove weed man, I never allow it to control my life. Everything is still good.
- —Guest Kits