From the article: Tips for Office Celebrations
Due to liability issues, more office parties and even social gatherings are becoming alcohol-free events. You can serve a tasty punch or beverage without including the alcohol. Please share your recipes for your favorite non-alcoholic beverage. Submit Your Recipe
Joy in a Glass
- Ooh la la!!! This recipe has become a favorite at my AA meeting (trust me, its THAT good)....Over ice cubes pour four parts cranberry juice, two parts orange juice, one part lemon juice and ginger ale to top up (gives it the added fizz!!!). Garnish with fruit and serve with straws. Enjoy!
- Keeping it simple! Most of us recovering alcoholics love our caffeine, however I can't drink coffee due to it's strength of approximately 130-150mg of caffeine per cup. So, I stick to Diet Coke, about 53 mg per 12oz can, and a healthier alternative, green tea!, that can be about as strong or weak as you'd like it if you purchase the good stuff at Asian supermarkets. I highly recommend the health benefits of green tea. There are numerous different brands of it that are imported and range in price in accordance to its general quality. You can get a good brand for about $7.00 that will last you anywhere from two to four weeks depending on how much you enjoy it. It comes in a single medium-sized package whereby you open the package and poor some of the grounded tea in a tea pot with a strainer. Just add boiling water, let steep for a few minutes, and presto, a delicious Asian imported green tea. Soothing, calming and it wakes one up!
- —Guest 1hrataT9
- If you can find it, Polar makes a Green Apple Seltzer that goes great 1/2 and 1/2 with cider.
- —Guest Christopher
Ginger Ale Mix
- For large groups I combine ginger ale, pomegranite juice, pineapple, orange and cranberry. I sometimes add cherry juice also, garnish with star fruit, berries, lemons, limes or oranges. This has been a fool proof popular drink at our cookouts and parties for over 20 yrs
- —Guest knot2oldyet
- I loved Gin & Tonics, especially in the hot summer. Now, I just squeeze one or two big wedges of fresh lime over ice in a glass, fill with tonic water. I swear, you won't miss the gin! i drink this every night. They've been a life-saver. very satisfying.
- —Guest ILuvDino
Yummy Summer Spritzer
- Ah, summer! This is usually "Sangria season" for me. I found a few alcohol-free variations that are both refreshing and delicious! Take a tall glass, fill with ice, and fill with either lemon/lime seltzer water or Fresca. Top it off with a nice berry juice such as cranberry, blueberry and pomagranate etc. Add some slices of lemons and limes and voila!
- —Guest Photomonkey
- The new single serve packs of Kool-Aid. They are designed to add one to a bottled water. Since it is crazy hot here, I like to put one packet (only 30 calories) into large glass with lots of ice. Has great flavor and quenches your thirst. This is a great substitute. Also inexpensive. They have orange, cherry, tropical punch and grape. Grape is my favorite! What I like the most is that is completely different than beer, sweet not sour and pretty colors, also takes me back to carefree childish summers.
- —Guest fish
- My friend and i made up this drink a little bit ago. Take 4 cans of Sierra Nist in a pitcher, add 1 pouch of Caprisun tropical fruit juice. pour into glasses and add 3 Marachino cherries to each. Pour just a little bit of the syrup to it. It's amazing!
- —Guest ?
Substitute for Beer.
- Minute Made Orange Juice High Pulp, Mixed With Cran Black Cherry Juice, and Ice Cubes With a Straw.
- —Guest Lawrence
Orange Bubbler on the rocks
- Using a rocks glass mix equal parts of orange juice (not from concentrate, no pulp) with pomegranate juice and 7-up or ginger-ale (not sprite) add a squirt of black cherry concentrate. Then cover the top with shaved ice and serve.
- —Guest stgregorycrt.com
Mock Pink Champagne
- Mock Pink Champagne (1 1/2 quarts or 10 servings) 1/2 cup sugar 1 cup water 1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate 1 (6 oz) can frozen grapefruit juice concentrate 1 (28 oz) bottle chilled ginger ale 1/3 cup grenadine syrup Early in day, mix sugar with water in saucepan and boil 5 minutes. Cool. Add frozen juice concentrates. Refrigerate. At serving time add ginger ale and grenadine syrup. Stir lightly.
- —Guest AlcholFreeIsTheWay2Be!
Mockarita - low calorie
- I love Margaritas and this comes really close. I like mine really sour so I take about 4 large limes and one lemon squeeze into a blender with a handful or so of ice add a can of sprite zero and a little salt blend until its the consistency you like. Pour in a chilled glass rimmed with salt and garnish with a lime wedge. I love these things and the fact that it hardly has any calories is a bonus.
- —Guest Melony34
- Sprite, fruit punch or a fruity drink of your choice (or fresh fruit), rainbow sherbet makes for a great summer drink!
- —Guest MELFC
Alcohol free drinks
- For me, alcohol was a physical and emotional experience. I loved the taste, smell and feel of a drink. I don't want to fake that with a replica drink. Non-alcoholic beer, or club soda in a rocks glass or any mocktail is a danger for me. When I go out to a restaurant with friends, I stick to bottle water -- perhaps and Arnold Palmer ( Ice tea/Lemonade)...but, that's just me..
Sangria without the wine
- Sangria is a Spanish punch that's made with wine, selzer and fruit slices (but there are lots of variations, so just google "sangria recipe"). You can use non-alcoholic wine instead of regular wine. It's festive -- and since the fruit and spices are so flavorful, the absence of real wine isn't noticiable.
- —Guest SusanH
1-15 of 19Next