The online Harris Interactive poll was conducted on behalf of CareerBuilder.com, an online job-search site.
The survey showed that 15 percent go to the gatherings to hear the latest office gossip and 13 percent feel obligated to attend. About 21 percent say they go to bond with colleagues.
Kissing and Singing Karaoke
According to the survey, many employees attending the after-work sessions sometimes regretted their behavior later:
- 16% bad-mouthed a colleague.
- 10% shared a secret about a colleague.
- 8% kissed a colleague.
- 8% drank too much and acted unprofessionally.
- 5% shared a company secret.
- 4% admitted singing karaoke.
You Kissed a Coworker ... at Least You Didn't Sing