Awards are presented to programs as well as actors who accurately portray characters dealing with substance abuse and mental health problems.
How I Met Your Mother, Grey's Anatomy, Breaking Bad, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Monk and the films Crazy Heart and The Soloist are among the productions that were recognized at the 14th Annual PRISM Awards.
Here is the complete list of this year's winners:
- Feature Film - Substance Use
- Feature Film - Mental Health
- Performance in a Feature Film
Jeff Bridges, Crazy Heart
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Crazy Heart
- Comedy Series
How I Met Your Mother - "Last Cigarette Ever"
- Performance in a Comedy Series
Hector Elizondo, Monk
Tony Shalhoub, Monk
- Drama Series Episode - Substance Use
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit - "Hammered"
- Drama Series Episode - Mental Health
Law and Order - "Exchange"
- Performance in a Drama Episode
Timothy Hutton, Leverage
- Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline
Breaking Bad: Season 2
- Performance in a Drama Series Multi-Episode Storyline
Kevin McKidd, Grey's Anatomy
- TV Movie or Miniseries
Natalee Holloway - Lifetime Television
Prayers for Bobby - Lifetime Television
- Performance in a TV Movie or Miniseries
Rosie O'Donnell, America
- Daytime Drama Series
One Life to Live: Cole Thornhart: Breaking Point
- Talk Show Episode
Dr. Phil - "OCD"
- News Magazine Segment
ESPN Outside the Lines - "Tony Mandarich"
- Teen or Children's Program
Nick News with Linda Ellerbee - "Kids in Rehab"
- Documentary Program - Substance Use
Vanguard - "The OxyContin Express"
- Documentary Program - Mental Health
The Alzheimer's Project
- Biographical Program
Betty Ford: The Real Deal
- Unscripted Non-Fiction Program
The Celebrity Apprentice - "Episode 805"
- Music or Music Video
Half of Us: When I Can't Take It - "La Di Da"
- The Recovery Project
- Comic Book or Graphic Novel
New Avengers: The Reunion (Marvel Entertainment)
Luna Park (Vertigo Comics/ DC Comics)