Alcohol and Drug Treatment and Rehab Centers
- Alabama Treatment Centers (91)
- Alaska Treatment Centers (51)
- Arizona Treatment Centers (140)
- Arkansas Treatment Centers (42)
- California Rehab Centers (1513)
- Colorado Treatment Centers (345)
- Connecticut Treatment (150)
- Delaware Treatment Centers (39)
- District of Columbia (5)
- Florida Treatment Centers (411)
- Georgia Treatment Centers (170)
- Hawaii Treatment Centers (71)
- Idaho Treatment Centers (65)
- Illinois Treatment Centers (534)
- Indiana Treatment Centers (296)
- Iowa Treatment Centers (89)
- Kansas Treatment Centers (192)
- Kentucky Treatment Centers (299)
- Louisiana Treatment Centers (132)
- Maine Treatment Centers (190)
- Michigan Treatment Centers (505)
- Maryland Treatment Centers (313)
- Minnesota Treatment Centers (225)
- Massachusetts Treatment (226)
- Mississippi Treatment (86)
- Missouri Treatment Centers (173)
- Montana Treatment Centers (31)
- Nebraska Treatment Centers (87)
- Nevada Treatment Centers (58)
- New Hampshire Treatment (42)
- New Jersey Treatment (286)
- New Mexico Treatment (60)
- New York Treatment (716)
- North Carolina Treatment (241)
- North Dakota Treatment (43)
- Ohio Treatment Centers (381)
- Oklahoma Treatment Centers (121)
- Oregon Treatment Centers (191)
- Rhode Island Treatment (50)
- South Carolina Treatment (89)
- Pennsylvania Treatment (386)
- South Dakota Treatment (41)
- Tennessee Treatment Centers (149)
- Texas Treatment Centers (478)
- Vermont Treatment Centers (29)
- Virginia Treatment Centers (118)
- Utah Treatment Centers (110)
- Washington Treatment (292)
- West Virginia Treatment (69)
- Wisconsin Treatment Centers (211)
- Wyoming Treatment Centers (40)
What Can I Expect at an Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
What can you expect if you decide to go to a drug and alcohol rehab center? If you have never been to a residential treatment facility, you may have some misconceptions about what does and does not take place during rehab.
The Four Stages of Alcohol and Drug Rehab Recovery
If you decide to enter a professional alcohol and drug treatment program, you will begin a journey through four distinct stages of rehab recovery to learn to live a clean and sober lifestyle.
What Is The Advantage of Going to Rehab?
If you went to a residential alcohol and drug rehab program, what aspect of the experience did you find most helpful?
Components of Effective Treatment Programs
How can you tell if an alcohol and drug treatment program or facility is effective? What are the components of programs that get the best results?
Free Alcoholism and Drug Rehab Programs
My husband lost his job and started drinking heavily and now he wants to get help to quit drinking. But we have little money and no insurance. What can we do?
What I Learned in Rehab
What did you learn in rehab that helped you the most to stay clean and sober?
Millions Need Treatment, But Most Don't Seek Help
Each year, about four million people in the United States seek some kind of treatment for a problem related to the use of alcohol and drugs, but that leaves about 21.5 million who need substance abuse treatment but do not receive it.
Treatment Can Reduce Financial Burden on Families
Getting treatment can have a significant effect on the family's financial situation - greatly reducing the costs directly related to the family member's alcoholism.
Treatment Admissions Show Dramatic Shift
Fewer people seeking treatment for alcoholism and more people are seeking treatment for illicit drug, prescription and over-the-counter drug abuse.
Treatment Program Dropouts
Men and women who remain in alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs throughout a full year have entirely different motivations for doing so.
Fewer Seek Treatment for Alcohol Only
Fewer people are seeking treatment for alcohol-only problems and for alcohol and drugs together, but treatment for drugs alone has increased significantly in the past 10 years.
State by State Directory
An index of treatment and rehabilitation centers in the United States that have web sites.
Canadian Rehab Centres
Treatment and rehabilitation centers in Canada that have web sites.
State Substance Abuse Agencies
Click on the state to find the agency that handles alcohol and substance abuse information and resources.
Study Defines Most Effective Alcoholism Treatments
A three-year study of 1,383 of alcohol dependent patients in treatment has shown that the medication naltrexone and up to 20 sessions of alcohol counseling by a behavioral specialist are equally effective treatments for alcohol dependence when combined with structured outpatient medical management.
Study Finds Treatment, AA Participation Works Best
A research study indicates that people trying to quit drinking who become involved in both Alcoholics Anonymous and professional treatment program fare much better than those who only go to treatment or only go to AA.
Ingredients of Effective Alcohol Treatment
Ensuring Solutions to Alcohol Problems, a research-based project at George Washington University Medical Center, has identified 13 active ingredients of effective alcohol treatment.
Early Diagnosis Key to Treating Alcohol Abuse
The successful treatment of most diseases relies heavily upon an early diagnosis, but most individuals with alcoholism or alcohol-abuse problems evade detection until severe medical, legal and/or social consequences occur.
A much larger index of alcohol and substance abuse treatment centers compiled by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Many Teen Treatment Programs Fall Short
Many highly regarded adolescent substance abuse treatment programs lack several key elements believed to be necessary for effective treatment, research shows.
The Costs of Alcohol and Drug Treatment
The average cost for treatment of alcohol or drug abuse in outpatient facilities was an estimated $1,433 per course of treatment in 2002, according to a report released by The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
National Drug and Treatment Referral Routing Service provides a toll-free telephone number for alcohol and drug information and referral assistance. The number is: 1-800-662-HELP.
Treatment Facility Locator
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's on-line version of the National Directory of Drug Abuse and Alcoholism Treatment Programs.
At the 4Therapy.com Network you can pick a condition, type in your Zip code and find a professional therapist in your area.
Recovery Counselling and Intervention Services is an association of chemical dependency specialists dedicated to providing timely and professional, out patient alcohol and drug counselling in the Toronto area.
First Stage treatment for men and women in Plymouth Devon, UK.
Shaky Acres Recovery Houses.