1. Health

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:


was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Must Be Willing to Surrender

Share Your Story: What I Learned in Rehab

By Autumn Joshua

Updated February 08, 2012

How long were you in rehab?

I was in rehab for 10 months and it was in-patient

What was the most helpful feature of rehab?

In rehab I learn that 5% of the problem is the drugs and alcohol and the other 95% is me. I also learned that to stay clean and sober we need to keep that tiger asleep. Because once we wake him up we start off right were we left off. We have have to remember that we have a disease and an addictive behavior, which is cunning, baffling, and powerful. The tools I leaned are to just keep it simple, take it one day at a time, stay connected to the fellowship, and to keep coming back, and the biggest one that stood out the most to me was don't use no matter what..


  • if you are thinking about going to rehab the only advice I would have for you is to be willing to take direction and advice. And to smash your ego before going in.
  • You have to had surrender to all drugs in order to recover and have to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
  • You have to change one thing, everything.

Buddy T, About.com Alcoholism, says:

If you are considering professional treatment for an alcohol or drug problem, these resources may be of help:

Explore Alcoholism
By Category
    alcoholismAlcoholismhealthHealthaf5038809e00198a9d8368182f5401d55e0007774c0647fahttp://alcoholism.about.comod526F6F7437liveBuddy Talcoholismguide2nG000lKzNIP11970-01-0110/od/index.htm0526F6F741approved/od
  1. About.com
  2. Health
  3. Alcoholism

©2015 About.com. All rights reserved.

We comply with the HONcode standard
for trustworthy health
information: verify here.